I have a card to share today that is pretty much an “any occasion” type card. It was really quick and easy to make. And it is almost a one stamp set card. At the last minute I decided to use a background stamp instead fo leaving the card base plain. Either would work wonderfully.
I love the sentiment, “You Are amazing”. Anyone would love to receive a card with that as the sentiment. I know I would. It may not show well in the photo, but the ends of the sentiment are torn instead of cut. It looks very nice in person but may not show well in the photo. I have been into “tearing” this week. Remember my card from Tuesday? LOL!
Other than the sentiment, the stamps are all from the Incredible Like You stamp set. I have a tip for you in stamping the flower. Normally I stamp the solid image first and then the definition image second. With the photopolymer stamps lining these two step images up is a piece of cake. Until I tried this very light color of Blushing Bride!! I could not really see the solid stamped image. So I tried it in reverse and stamped the dark definition stamp first. That worked amazingly! All I had to do was line up the bottom of the stamp and it was perfect. Please keep that little tip in your tool bag when using a very light color.
I found another unexpected result with the Granny Apple Green stamping. I stamped the stripes in Granny Apple Green and looked for a different green for the leaves I wanted to add to the flowers. None seemed to work without really standing out. So I tried the Granny Apple again and stamped off once . It was perfect. Well, actually it would have been perfect had I stamped the leaves full strength and the stripes lighter I think. Regardless, I was pleased with the result. It is the exact tone of color and shows up surprisingly well without contrasting with the stripes. Who Knew???
The background is made using the Crackle Paint background stamp. I love the look this gives. Background Stamps are so unique and give such different looks depending on the ink you use. I love using the same Ink as Card stock, like I did today. But I also like just using Versamark to do a light image. Although Versamark leaves a darker image on very light card stock. Another of those anomolies!
Thank you for stopping by today. Please come back on Monday for another project.
The Ultimate Shopping Experience is to purchase the Starter Kit. Please read through the next items and think about it. If you love paper crafting as much as I do, I believe you will want to talk with me. I hope you will consider it.
- There are 2 Starter Kit choices:
- You create your own kit. You get to choose ANY Stampin’ Up! products (includes bundles) However, SAB and Host stamps are excluded from the Starter Kit (but not your next order)!
- You will receive a 20% discount on all future purchases through July 31, 2019. But there is no obligation to ever order anything else.
- It’s a great way to Get Your Feet Wet, so to speak. Just see if you like being a demonstrator.
- Hobby Demonstrators are welcome. I was one for about ten years, and really still am!
- You will be the first ones to see the new catalog when it debuts in June, plus preorder from it.
- There are NO OBLIGATIONS to continue or ever place another order.
- The First Bonus is that you become part of my Team. I would love to have you and enjoy sharing my love for stamping and paper crafting with you.
- You become a member of my Upline, Brian King, and his InKing Royalty group. There are great ideas and thoughts shared on our Facebook page.
Now for the 2 options and the Bonuses:
- The first option costs $99.00 and you get the usual $125.00 worth of products (of your choice) PLUS an additional $50.00 of product for a total of $175.00 at a cost of only $99.00 to you. And did I mention FREE shipping on that order? That is another 10% off.
- The second option costs $129.00. You get the same amount of products as the first choice, ($125.00 worth of your choice of products, Plus the additional $50.00 of Free Products, FREE Shipping) and the AWESOME new Craft & Carry Tote which is valued at $50.00. Basically you are paying an added $30.00 for the Craft & Carry Tote.
(I had the option to purchase, and of course I did. It is well worth the $50.00 and is a Fabulous deal for $30.00)
Here is the Tote. It is a great size, has dividers that can be moved for whatever products you are carrying each use. There are two outside pockets that are large enough to hold punches, and much more. There is a zipper outside pocket. It has regular straps as well as a shoulder strap. It has the Stampin’ Up! logo. It is made of a great heavy weight canvas. And it is so Pretty!!