I have somewhat of a Funky Fold in my card today. I received a similar card at the swap a couple of weeks ago and loved that it was different. I recreated it, but instead of folding, I cut away to make the same front result. And I changed the front decorations as well. I had in my mind a gentleman card with a tie. However, it ended up more like a female card with a scarf! I just never know what my end result will be! 🙂
I will begin with the “V”. The card I received was 4 1/4 X 11, scored equally and then each end was cut so that when they overlapped the front it formed this V. I decided it would be easier to do a regular fold from that beginning cut, but cut out the V section. My method saves some cutaway card stock but requires a little measuring. So the other may be simpler???
I used the Simple Stripes Embossing Folder and ran it through the Big Shot once in each direction to make the plaid design on the front section. I then used Tear & Tape to secure the bottom and the side. I also used the Tear & Tape to adhere the ribbon around the neck of my “sweater”.
I hope you like my funky fold card. It is a good design for pull out invitations or even adding a gift card on the bottom portion of the pull out card.
Thank you for visiting today. The supplies I used are all listed at the bottom of the page. Please don’t forget about the Retiring Items and the Clearance Rack was updated on Tuesday. My much loved Island Indigo is on the Retiring List as well. So if it a favorite of yours you should grab some now!
MEASUREMENTS and INSTRUCTIONS:
- card base is 4 1/4 X 11, scored and folded at 5 1/2
- measure from the front panel top right edge down 2 “, and to the center of the panel which is 2 3/4”. Make a dot
- Cut from the top right and the top left of the front panel down to the center dot.
- Use Tear & Tape to adhere the end and bottom of the card together.
- Insert is 5 1/4 X 4 in Smoky Slate card stock
- White of insert is 5 X 3 3/4 .
- Cut a 3″ piece of ribbon, fold and adhere to the top of the Smoky Slate card stock at center. I used Tear & Tape.
- Stamp sentiment and then adhere white panel to smoky slate panel covering the ribbon pull.
- Place Tear & Tape along the V of the card and adhere ribbon. Cut the angles required at the top.
- Tie a know type bow and adhere with glue dots to the front center of the card.
Retiring Products List:
Another Paper Pumpkin Special: The March PP was so popular due to the special gift that it sold out. So Stampin’ Up! has offered a great deal to replace that. New Subscribers who sign up before April 10, will receive April and May for half price. So 2 months for the price of 1. A great deal. Use my link HERE, and enter the code: SAVEFIFTY0418
It is still a great time to become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. I would love to have you join my team. A great perk for demonstrators this time of year is getting to see the new catalog first. Then we get to order and play with the new products a month early. For me, that is one of the best parts of being a SU Demonstrator. Of course, the discount helps! If you are interested, please contact me and let’s talk.