I have a cute little card that would be perfect for a Just Because type card! It is the Merry Cafe and Coffee Thinlits. And even though there is no pumpkin color to the card, it says that it is “pumpkin spice season”. Actually it is starting to get there here in the south. Although to me any time is pumpkin spice time!! I love the stuff. But as I have said before, I do not drink coffee. I just get the pumpkin spice in everything else…..
This card base is the “Z” Top Fold card that I have done previously. I had a nice lady ask me for a link and I didn’t really have one. I just sort of did it myself. So I have made another with that fold and will give a little better direction on how I did it.
MEASUREMENTS & DIRECTIONS:
- The card base is cut to 4 1/4 X 11. It is scored at 2 3/4 & 5 1/2
- Fold and burnish on the score lines. Fold the 2 3/4 score line under so that the fold is against the 5 1/2 score line. But Do Not secure it yet
- The first layers are: 3 3/4 X 5, 3 5/8 X 4 7/8, 3 1/2 X 4 3/4
- Top layers re 2 5/8 X 3 3/4, 2 1/2 X 3 5/8
- Adhere the bottom layers with the DSP together and secure to the base card.
- Adhere the top layers together and lay them on the DSP layer to see where your ribbon will be. (I do not adhere this layer until after I secure the ribbon.
- Choose your ribbon and cut a strip wider than your card. Use Fast Fuse or glue dots to adhere the ends between the folded “Z” top. Now tape or glue that top section closed , with your ribbon in between it. (This allows for a clean looking inside flap when the card is opened)
- Now attach your focal point layer.
- For added touch to the ribbon, I cut a strip, or 2 in this card’s case, and tie them around the attached ribbon at the top.
A NOTE about my ribbon today. I used the 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon for this card. However it was too thick for the amount of room I had at the top. So I cut it in half lengthwise. I then cut two individual strips from the leftover half and used them as the tie.
REMINDER: The Designer Series Paper Sale is almost over. I hope you will not let this great offer get away from you.
Thank you for visiting today!! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Also the supplies I used are listed at the bottom of the page.
There are three wonderful Stampin’ Up! Specials in October………
- Designer Series Paper Sale October 1-31, Buy 3 Get 1 FREE! See details HERE.
- Paper Pumpkin Kits for October and November will coordinate!! They will be great individually, but will work together in a special release. You must be signed up by November 10th for the November PP. It is ok that you missed the October PP. The November will still work on its own.
- Merry Patterns Stamp Set is an exclusive Host set available during October. With a 300.00 order it is FREE and does not deduct from your other Host Rewards. See the Flyer HERE.