I am using a “Not Very Much Used” stamp set today. It is the Tuscan Vinyard. I fell in love with the set when it debuted last year, but then never really used it. So today I have dusted it off and I really like the outcome.
My color inspiration was obviously the grapes, but it led me to another “Not very Used” ink color: Elegant Eggplant. And on it went from there. Here are the colors I have used today.
As I was putting the card together and looking at the finished product, I asked myself why I had not been using Elegant Eggplant! It really pops! I don’t think I am going to need to “dust it off” for the near future. I can think of several sets that it would work beautifully with.
I chose to use the smaller items included in the stamp set. So instead of having a lot of background to cover or additional layers, I decided on a 4 X 4 card.
- The Elegant Eggplant base is 4 X 8 and folded in half
- The Old Olive layer is 3 3/4 X 3 3/4
- The Very Vanilla layer is 3 1/2 X 3 1/2
- The grapes are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with the Aqua Painter
- The cork screw and the corks are stamped in Sahara Sand ink
- The splatter is from flicking the Elegant Eggplant Marker tip into the lip of it’s cap. (Thank you #paperpixie, Julie DiMatteo)
- The wine seal is stamped in Elegant Eggplant and punched out using the 1″ Circle Punch
- The Linen Thread is just wrapped around the card and the seal is added with dimensionals.
And that , as they say, is that! A very quick and easy card. Each time I do the square card I ask myself why I do not do it more often. Please give it a try. I do believe you will love it.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. If you have any questions or comments I would love to hear from you.
Remember that June Hosts receive additional Host Rewards!!!! I would love to work with you on a workshop/party or an order if you do not have a current Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator.