I was playing with stamps and scraps today. I know we all have the little pieces of paper left from trimming layers from card stock and usually I throw mine away. But I have seen some beautiful cards made with laying a mixture of colored strips together as a background. Brian King has done this a couple of times. So I decided to give it a try. I had already made the border with a stamps from Happy Birthday Gorgeous and then tried to combine to two!
So this is the result of combining the items from my stamping table. A multi-colored dragonfly with a few posies hanging around.
I did not have a color inspiration…..it was more….what will go with these scraps I have? HaHa!! I do not think that is a normal method of color inspiration! But I think it did work in this case.
- I glued the strips on to a scrap of card stock at an angle
- I die cut the detailed dragonfly from Pacific Point card stock, and again from the Whisper White card stock
- I had already stamped the flowers and leaves from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set
- I layered Pacific Point base card, and the Basic Black layer
- I placed the multi colored scrap behind the Top Layer and once positioned properly taped it down.
- I added the top layer to the Basic Black and added the Blue Dragonfly by placing a glue dot on the body and the head, but leaving the wings free.
- I added some rhinestones for bling and All Done…
This card could be used for almost any occasion and was such a fun card to create. I will definitely think of my strips of “trash” card stock differently from now on! I hope you will give this a try and please show me your results. I would love to see what you come up with.
Thank you for stopping by today. The products I used are listed below. You can click on any photo and be taken to my online store.