I have another card with an older stamp set. The Sprinkles of Life set has been around for a year or so and I realized I had not used it very much lately. All those new sets are so exciting that we forget to look at the other ones. Be warned, this card is a bright one!
Sprinkles of Life, 139971
I thought a bright 4 X 4 card fit the image of the Sprinkles of Life sentiment. It is designed to make you smile. And it made me smile because it was really quick and easy to put together!
The cupcake is stamped and the bottom is hand cut while the frosting top is punched with the Tree Builder Punch. Who knew that you could get a cupcake out of a tree???? (LOL) I layered both with dimensionals and then the banner tips are cut using the Banner Triple Punch. I just placed the ends into the tip of the punch.
Thank you for stopping in today. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Remember there is a limited time for the 1/2 Price Paper Pumpkin Kit!!!
I was playing with stamps and scraps today. I know we all have the little pieces of paper left from trimming layers from card stock and usually I throw mine away. But I have seen some beautiful cards made with laying a mixture of colored strips together as a background. Brian King has done this a couple of times. So I decided to give it a try. I had already made the border with a stamps from Happy Birthday Gorgeous and then tried to combine to two!
So this is the result of combining the items from my stamping table. A multi-colored dragonfly with a few posies hanging around.
I did not have a color inspiration…..it was more….what will go with these scraps I have? HaHa!! I do not think that is a normal method of color inspiration! But I think it did work in this case.
- I glued the strips on to a scrap of card stock at an angle
- I die cut the detailed dragonfly from Pacific Point card stock, and again from the Whisper White card stock
- I had already stamped the flowers and leaves from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set
- I layered Pacific Point base card, and the Basic Black layer
- I placed the multi colored scrap behind the Top Layer and once positioned properly taped it down.
- I added the top layer to the Basic Black and added the Blue Dragonfly by placing a glue dot on the body and the head, but leaving the wings free.
- I added some rhinestones for bling and All Done…
This card could be used for almost any occasion and was such a fun card to create. I will definitely think of my strips of “trash” card stock differently from now on! I hope you will give this a try and please show me your results. I would love to see what you come up with.
Thank you for stopping by today. The products I used are listed below. You can click on any photo and be taken to my online store.
My post for today is 2 for 1. I needed a birthday card for my cousin and wanted to do something a little different. I usually give her a gift card. That is great, but boring! So after watching my fellow SU Demonstrator Julie DiMatteo’s awesome video for a money envelope, I got to work. You can see Julie’s great video HERE. Julie is The Paper Pixie. She is the best at videos.
Once I had Julie’s idea in my head, I had the idea…..gift cards are great, but so is Chocolate!!! I adapted the money envelope to fit a full size Hershey candy bar. Now my cousin gets money and chocolate. I do believe that is a win/win!
Here are my pair of ideas.
You may recognize the boots from a previous post I did that was a 4X4 card. You can see it HERE. The card is very similar. But she loves cowboy boots and horses, and all things country. I just knew that’s the card I had to do for her.
The card and the Money/Candy holder are Sahara Sand and Basic Black card stock. The Designer Series Paper is from Pick A Pattern DSP pack. And yes, I know I have used it in almost every card for the last week! But look back and see how different the paper is. This is probably my most favorite DSP ever, and originally I thought it was more for children…..Silly, Silly, Me !!!
For the card, I tore the Very Vanilla card stock and sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink. The boots are colored with ink pads and the aqua painter. The lasso is made from Linen Thread and attached with a rolled up glue dot.
The Happy Birthday is a Must Have die cut! It is so simple and easy but really packs a Wallop! Alway remember to attach the Multi-purpose Adhesive Sheet to the card stock before you cut it with the Big Shot though. That way there is no messy glue. You just peel off the back and stick it down. For the Chocolate Envelope I used Julie’s directions and then stamped it with the splatter from Touches of Texture stamp set. The only difference from Julie’s envelope is the belly band. I added 1/2″ to the length of the band due to the thickness of the candy bar versus a check or dollar bill. The bow is from Julie’s video as well.
Remember that we alway say CASE ! That means Copy And Share Everything! You can copy something exactly or use it as the basis for an idea. It is always nice to give credit to the person you got the idea from too.
Thank You for stopping by today. Please do not forget to watch Julie’s video (click above or go to thepaperpixie.com to see exactly how to create this cute envelope and bow!
The supplies I used are listed below. You can click on any item and be directed to my OnLine Store.
I have been waiting since OnStage for This Little Piggy set. I have had it for a couple of days and have made probably a card a day with it! These little guys are just so cute 🙂
This Little Piggy, 143922
My Color for today are:
I know the Pink Tourette doesn’t quite look right with Basic Black and Crushed Curry, but what choice did I have for a cute little pig ? HaHa!!!
Doesn’t that cute face on the piggy bring a smile to you? All of the pigs in the set are this cute! The Pick a Pattern DSP helps the young and happy feeling of the card I do believe. It is so eclectic that it is a perfect background for the cute little focal point. This DSP is a sleeper in a way. At first glance it has more child-like designs but when you look at the other side of the paper, at least for me, it was a “WOW” .
There are extra layers to this card, but that could be narrowed down if you didn’t want it to me as heavy. I wanted this to be a really nice card and added the extra background layers to help make it pop.
- I started with a base of Thick Whisper White
- The Basic Black layer is 5 3/8 X 4 1/8
- The Whisper White layer is 5 1/4 X 4
- The DSP layer equals between the two pieces a width of 3 7/8 X 5 1/8
- The piglet is stamped on Whisper White with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with Pink Pirouette marker
- The grass is done with the Old Olive marker
- The balloon is stamped in Crushed Curry ink on Whisper White and punched with the Balloon Bouquet punch
- The edge of the balloon is shaded (it doesn’t show well in the picture) by dragging the Basic Black marker around the outside of the ballon. It sort of mimics the circles in the DSP.
- The bow on the balloon is Black and White Baker’s Twine.
I will definitely be posting more Little Piggy cards in the coming weeks. Thank you for stopping by today. I very much appreciate your comments.
The supplies I used are listed below: You can click on any item and be taken directly to my On Line Store.
Welcome to the June 2017 Pals Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month’s theme, Pick a “B”, features projects inspired by Babies, Birthdays and Brides to name few. You may just get a glimpse of new catalog products while you hop with us today.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
I chose a Birthday card for my “B” of the day. I may be over-using the new In Colors from Stampin’ Up!, but every year they just get better. (As does the catalog) Wow on everything in this new catalog!! So here is my new Birthday Card:
Happy Birthday Gorgeous, 143662
I love how this card turned out. I think it is bright and happy which equals a SMILE. That is my goal. I used two of the new In Colors with Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist. You are going to see a lot of the Lemon Lime Twist! I am in love and find myself continually reaching for it. Quite a few of the items I used today are new to this catalog. WOW!
- For this card the base is Berry Burst card stock at 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 folded in half.
- The Lemon Lime Twist layer is 5 1/4 X 4
- The Whisper White layer is 5 1/8 X 3 7/8 and embossed with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder
- The Lemon Lime scalloped oval is from the Layering Ovals Framelits
- Happy Birthday is stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then cut with the corresponding Layering Oval.
- The balloons are stamped in Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst and punched with the Balloon Bouquet Punch. I used the In Color Stampin’ Write Markers to draw the string for the balloons.
- The balloons and Happy Birthday are from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set.
- The glitter dots are the new Glitter Enamel Dots and are the palest of the berry color
Thanks again for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on July 12th. We’re having a pattern party! Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. See you on July 12th for the next Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping YOU ARE HERE
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
The products I used are listed below:
The card I created for today reminds me of some jeans I had in the late 60’s. I was probably about 12 years old and can still see them in my mind. HaHa !!
Happy Birthday Gorgeous Bundle, 145301
Can you picture that print and colors on a pair of white jeans? Now you are laughing with me! And yes, I have used Lemon Lime Twist again. I am addicted!!
I hope you will join with me in loving this wonderful bundle. This is the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Bundle. It is the stamp set and the Happy Birthday Thinlits. It is a wonderful combination.
To go perfectly with the Happy Birthday Thinlits is the Multi-purpose Adhesive Sheets. If you are like me, I could never really get the hang of using the Fine Tip Glue Pen on the little tiny words and not make a mess. Yes I used it but the adhesive sheets are SOOOOOO much easier. I cut a piece of the adhesive sheet a little larger than the Happy Birthday Die and adhere it to the scrap of paper I am using and that it that. Once you have the die cut, just peel off the paper and stick it to your card. No Mess and only smiles!
I got a little out of order on the card in talking about the adhesive sheets. Oops! I used the Touches of Texture speckle stamp for some background on my card. I used Lemon Lime Twist ink and then stamped off to soften it a little. I then stamped the outline of the flowers in Berry Burst ink. Since the set is photopolymer it is so easy to line up the inside of the flower and it is stamped in Powder Pink ink. The Powder Pink is the perfect pink. It is still a pretty pink but quite a bit darker than Pink Pirouette. It really does show up.
This is such a quick card and would be easy to make multiples of. This background could be done on a full sheet of Whisper White card stock and then cut into the layers that you need for later. My tip of the day!
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Please do not forget the Host Rewards Extras for June!!
The supplies I used today are listed below: