Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Thank you for joining me on this Blog Hop! I have Technique, Texture, New, and Retiring in my card. Take a look and then I will explain!
This card has quite a bit going on, but I don’t think it is too much. I just ADORE the new Daisy Delight!! A must have from the upcoming catalog. And it bundles with a Daisy Punch, which is wonderful! As I said, this card is a mixture. So I will go through the details of each:
- The Daisy is stamped on Shimmery White card stock , watercolored with re-inkers and the Aqua painter in Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, and Daffodil Delight. It is then punched out with the new Daisy punch.
- The flowers are from the Daisy Delight set as well.
- The grass and butterflies are from In The Meadow set. It is retiring (insert sad face)! This set is so versatile.
- The Petal Burst Embossing Folder was used on Old Olive card stock. And I used the reverse side instead of the “raised up” embossing for a different look.
- The card base is Calypso Coral cut to 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 and folded in half.
- The black layer is cut to 5 1/4 X 4
- The Old Olive embossed layer is cut to 5 1/8 X 3 7/8
- The smaller Black layer is cut to 3 1/2 X 3
- The Whisper White layer is cut to 3 3/8 X 2 7/8
The Daisy is definitely the star of the card. The Shimmery White Card Stock is a must have in your paper supply. Without adding Wink of Stella you have a shimmer. And it is great for watercoloring without the super thickness of watercolor paper. A definite Win/Win in my book!
And did you notice the center of the daisy? That is the new Faceted Gems from the upcoming catalog as well. Isn’t that fabulous? They come in Gold and Clear and are in a couple of sizes. You really need to add these to your wish list.
As always if you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you!!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
The supplies I used today are: