I see 4 X 4 cards quite often and think to myself that I should try that, and of course I never do! Well today I did it!! And then I do the imaginary eye roll and ask “why did I wait so long to do this”? Duh….. Of course the 4 X 4 cards can be every bit as elaborate as a regular A2 card or just a simple note. I went with the simple.
My plan was for a cute little card that could be used for a variety of reasons. And as most of my cards are, it was very quickly put together. The stamp sets are Country Livin’ and Endless Birthday Wishes.
- The base of the card is done in Soft Suede card stock = 8 X 4 and folded in half
- The next layer is Sahara Sand card stock = 3 3/4 X 3 3/4
- The top layer is Very Vanilla card stock = 3 1/2 X 3 1/2
- The boots are stamped in Early Espresso Ink and colored with a Blender Pen and the Ink pads .
- The boots are colored with Sahara Sand ink, the darker areas are Crumb Cake Ink and the sole and straps are Soft Suede ink
- The Yippee is stamped in Early Espresso
- The shading around the boots is Soft Sky ink and a blender pen. This idea comes from Susan Itell.
- The ends of the top layer are torn and sponged with Soft Suede
- The “lasso” is Linen Thread looped around and secured with a Glue Dot.
And that is the building of my card. I hope you enjoyed it. I love reading your comments and very much appreciate them. If you have any questions, please contact me.
There is still 3 weeks of the Retiring List…
The supplies I used are: