Welcome to InKing Royalty’s September Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects feature candy and treats, so prepare your sweet tooth for some wonderful inspiration. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My card is not exactly treats, but a pocket card that has sweet images! Here is my card.
And here is the pull out from the pocket.
The star of this show, in my opinion, is the DSP. This is my favorite sheet from the Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper. I love black cats so that is probably why it is a favorite. I made the pocket out of the DSP and then cut the “V” to look like a shirt. All of the directions are lower down on the post.
The stamp set I used is the Cutest Halloween Bundle. It is a Punch Bundle so you know I had to have it. I love my punches. The “Pumpkin necklace” is stamped and punched. The “Smile” is part of another saying. I only colored in the Smile and stamped it in the center of the pumpkin. That smile goes along with the cat and pumpkins that are smiling on the paper.
The pull out card is also made using stamps from the stamp set.
I adore the Black and White Gingham Ribbon. It is so easy to work with. For the necklace, I cut two strips and adhered each end with a glue dot. Then added the pumpkin with Stampin’ Dimensionals. A little Black Matte Dot on the pumpkin was the finishing touch for it.
The hole at the top of the pull out card was made using the Detailed Trio Punch. That punch is a definite must have in my opinion. Making a little ribbon pull with the Black and White Gingham Ribbon was the final touch to the card.
The card is still a Full card. The pocket is attached to a regular size top fold card. There is another stamped white layer on the inside of it as well.
Measurements and Directions
- Basic Black card base is 4 1/4 X 11, scored and folded at 5 1/2
- A White layer cut 4 X 5 1/4 is placed on the inside of the card
- The DSP is cut 5 X 6 ( 5 is the width and 6 is height)
- Score the DSP at 1/2 on each of the 5″ sides and 3/4 across the bottom
- Put a mark at the center of the 5″ top and cut down 1 1/2″.
- Fold and burnish the score lines and fold underneath. Trim the corners at the bottom for a less bulky fold
- Adhere the pocket to the front of the card.
- Fold the sides of the V back and adhere with a glue dot under each point.
- The pull out pocket card is 3 3/4 X 5 with the hole at the top from the Detailed Trio Punch
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
The 2nd Sale-A-Bration Is Here!!
Join My Team Promotion During Sale-A-Bration!!
My September Host Code is NWZNBFH2. Please use this code for orders under $150.00. I will have a small gift for those with orders over $50.00 in addition to the Perk Rewards Program. You can read all of the information at the top of the page in the Menu Bar under SHOP / Perks.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed today’s project and will come back. I do read and reply to all of the comments individually. They mean a lot to me. Please reach out if you have a question.
Smile and Keep On Stamping,