Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “Wonderful Cards/Projects from the Garden” where our design team showcase projects from things found in a garden, such as flowers, vegetables, fruits, or even a garden scene. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. Once you finish here, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I have to say that I LOVE flowers, but somewhere along the way I lost my green thumb! That being said, I think it makes me appreciate and love the Stampin’ Up! beautiful Designer Series Paper even more. Of course, the paper is the star of the card I have to share with you. And I have added a bit of a Fun Fold for good measure.
I am calling this card a Standing Double Easel Card. Instead of making the front easel section on a quarter piece of cardstock, I added it to the front of a regular size top folded card. This gives a much easier way to personalize and write a note to the recipient without trying to add that to the fun fold sections.
Since this is a garden theme, I chose my favorite of the flower papers currently available. The Hand-Penned Designer Series Paper is such a pretty “hand drawn” looking paper. The colors from the DSP created the additional colors I chose. The Cinnamon Cider is a bit unexpected at first, but them is very appropriate with the garden thinking.
Folded Card View
Folded, the card fits easily into a regular A2 envelope. The front folded section is Basic White and DSP, so not very much thickness is added.
The Hand-Penned Petals stamp set matches the DSP extremely well. So much so that after I colored the stamped images with Stampin’ Blends, it almost blended in to the DSP! There are two different large images included in the stamp set. I stamped one of each image on the two focal layers using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then colored them similar to the flowers of the DSP.
The only sentiment showing is on the front of the inside section of the easel. A simple Thanks is all that was needed. It is stamped using the Cinnamon Cider Ink.
To complete the card, I added one of the upcoming Mini Catalog Brushed Metallic Dots to the large front flower. These dots are fabulous!! When adhering the front stamped image, I found it best to lay the card flat and press the folds flat. The front stamped layer is the same size as the inside stamped layer. I lined up the front image directly over top of the inside one and then added adhesive to the bottom section only.
- The base card of Cinnamon Cider is a top fold cut to 4 1/4 X 11
- The Basic White layer is cut to 4 X 9 3/4 and scored at 2 1/4 & 4 1/2
- The large DSP piece is cut to 3 3/4 X 5
- The two small DSP pieces are cut to 3 3/4 X 2, there is one on the front and one on the inside of the fold
- The Mint Macaroon layer is cut to 2 1/2 X 4 1/4
- The two Basic White stamped pieces are cut to 2 1/4 X 4
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team, because the Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on August 11th. Our theme will be “My Happiest Season” when our Design Team creates a project showcase projects inspired by their favorite season of the year. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Leah O’Brien at Honeybee Stamping & More
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
The picture below shows the Designer Series Papers that are included in the Sale. There are 9 to choose from!!
Smile and Keep On Stamping,