Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Great Family Occasions.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I have a bit of a difficult time with Family Occasions. And in looking through the stamp sets, one has touched my heart a couple of times. So I went with my heart and made a Grandparents or Grandfather card. A bit unusual but probably a much lesser made card than most family ones. I have some “Friends That Are Family” with new Grandbabies and that may have influenced me a bit.
I chose the Treasures of Life stamp set. It is so well drawn! The set features men and women with children and a baby. It would not have to be a Grand Child.
The layout I chose to do is a bit different. I envisioned the stamped scene being viewed through a heart shape. However, I could not make that work. In looking through my different dies, I found the Suit & Tie Dies and this “V”. It is supposed to be a shirt front “V”. Regardless of the intention, it fit my idea perfectly.
The images are stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored them using a variety of Stampin’ Blends. They are all listed at the bottom of the page under Supply List. One of my favorite things to do when there is an image and no background is to add color around the entire image. I always use the Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blend and simply scribble around the images. It just outlines, or gives them a grounding shadow.
The colors are all pulled from the DSP. It is the Well Suited Designer Series Paper. Maybe the flowers are not exactly a match for the winter dress of the images. I take creative license there ! LOL!!
The sentiment is from the stamp set and a lovely one to use. I die cut it using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. The enamel dots are from the 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots in Misty Moonlight. That is a simple touch and just enough I think.
- Base card is Night of Navy cut 4 1/4 X 11, scored and folded at 5 1/2
- The layer is Seaside Spray cut 4 X 5 1/4
- The White layer is cut 3 3/4 X 5
- The DSP layer is cut 3 3/4 X 5 and then Die Cut using the Suit & Tie Dies “V” shape.
Thank you very much for visiting today and joining in our hop. I would love for you to comment and let me know your thoughts on my layout idea.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on May 12th when our theme is “2021-2023 New In Colors” when our Design Team creates a project with the new family of In Colors for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping ← YOU ARE HERE
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Annette Elliott at AEstamps a Latte