Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families. I hope your day is a good one however you choose to spend this holiday. We will be spending the day with friends that are family. But first I have a card to share. It is a really Fun Fold and a Gift Card Holder.
I made this gift card holder as a Thanksgiving card, which may seem a bit odd. This year has definitely made me aware of how much I have to be thankful for. So I thought a gift to someone special is a good way to show how grateful I am for them, or something they have done.
LOL!!! Please forgive my finger…..the card wanted to open instead of cooperating with the picture!
As I said at the top of the post, this is a Fun Fold. But first, I love the simplicity of the look of the front. The pumpkin is from the Harvest Hello stamp set and is stamped on Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper. The sentiment, which is an all time favorite, is from the Banner Year stamp set.
Here is the next view:
This is with the pumpkin layer lifted up. It reveals a gift card. The gift card is in a pocket on the bottom section. And seeing this picture, I should have stamped something on the underside of the pumpkin layer. Never fear, I will be doing this Fun Fold again!!
Here is the final opening:
Now you can see where the gift card is being held. Yes this card has quite a few layers, but I do love all of the folds. As I said, I will be doing this one again soon!!
Here are all of the measurements and instructions:
- The base is Rich Razzleberry and is cut 5 1/2 X 4 1/4
- the Crumb Cake layer is cut 4 X 7 1/4 and scored at 5 1/4
- For the gift card slot, you need Crumb Cake cut to 1 3/4 X 3 3/4. Put Tear & Tape on each short side and one long side. Adhere with the side without tape and the end. (as shown in last picture)
- Center the Crumb Cake layer folded as if it was a 4 X 5 1/4 layer
- The Bumblebee layer is cut to 3 3/4 X 5 for the inside layer and 3 3/4 X 1 3/4 for the bottom fold
- The Rich Razzleberry layer is cut to 3 1/2 X 4 3/4 for the inside and 3 1/2 X 1 1/2 for the bottom fold
- The Top Crumb Cake folded layer is 2 3/4 X 8, folded at 4
- The top Bumblebee layer is 2 1/2 X 3 3/4
Thank you for stopping in today! Happy Thanksgiving from my family. Please come back tomorrow for another new project.
My November Host Code is: 7C63XEUQ Please use this code for orders under $150.00. I will have a small perk for those with orders over $50.00