Welcome to InKing Royalty’s December Blog Hop! We have a fun Blog Hop theme today – Wrap it Up! The hop is filled with projects that are perfect for this time of year – everything from gift-packaging ideas to bundling up to stay warm. We are excited to share our creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Thank you for joining me in this blog hop! My wrap it up project is the 3-D gift I made as a gift. This is my first post on a 3-D project. I feel like I was channeling my inner Julie DiMatteo when I made it. HaHa!!!!! Julie is the 3-D Queen, and a great friend. Although this project is from another SU Demonstrator’s YouTube video, www.positivelypapercraft.co.uk
Here are a couple of pictures of the finished product.
Year of Cheer DSP, 144640
I used the same DSP as the demonstrator did in her video. It was just perfect for what I needed. Any of SU’s thicker DSP would be wonderful. I changed the inner part to just Thick Whisper White card stock. I have already made a few in different colors as gifts. They really are easy to make. I cannot wait to give them out.
I have also made templates for the top and the bottom. I have not braved making a video tutorial yet, but this is one I would love to do. I found a few tricks that worked for me. I also used the 1 3/8″ circle punch instead of the Layering Circles Framelits that the other lady used.
Here are the templates I made. Hopefully they will make sense. If not, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jenny Hall at Jenny Hall Designs
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
Before I get to the card for today. I apologize for being late with my post. Goodness, sometimes life just gets in the way!!
Also, I want to let you know that my next post will not be until Thanksgiving. I am going on a wonderful trip to Europe with friends. I return on the 20th and I know will be seriously jet lagged. I do not seem to bounce back from these as quickly anymore. Can you relate??? Anyway, I wanted to let my regular followers know not to expect me for the next two weeks. The hubby will be home with the animals , but unfortunately neither he or the four legged children care about keeping the blog going. I know it is shocking!!
So now on to the card. As I mentioned on the Gate Fold card I did earlier in the week, my club did a card swap with a fold challenge. This is another one of the folds that was shared. I have cased it and made my own version. This one is from Velda North.
County My Blessings, 144790
I love the acorns in the diamond shape as the focal point. I do have to say that the DSP and the Lemon Lime Twist around the acorns are the stars of the show. It looks like a normal card (if there is such a thing) but it opens only partially. Here is the inside view.
Even with the somewhat partial opening of the card, this is another super easy to make. And I can think of a lot of cute DSP to use for the front. Even using two different patterns would be great I do believe.
I have added measurements and directions under the measurements. The supply list is at the bottom of the page.
Thank you so much for visiting today, Especially since it is this late post. And remember to check back the week of Thanksgiving to see more of my creations.
- Card base is 5 1/2 X 8 1/2, score at 1 1/4 and 4 1/4 on the 8 1/2 ” side
- Fold back the 1 1/4 and tape down.
- the DSP on the left is 1 3/4 X 5 1/2
- The DSP on the right is 1 1/4 X 5 1/2
- The center strip is 7/8 X 5 1/2
- The inside white piece is 2 3/4 X 5
- The acorn white piece is 2 1/8 X 2 1/8 of the layering squares
- The Lemon Lime Twist scalloped is from layering squares as well.
- The acorns are colored with the new Stampin’ Blends
I began today’s card thinking really simple and quick. Then I kept adding this and that. And you know how it goes when that happens. But I hope you can see the simplicity underneath my add ons.
County My Blessings, 144790
Fall colors was the first thought I had for this card. I wanted it to be a little on the soft side though. So I started with Old Olive , added Peekaboo Peach, and decided to stop there. The peekaboo peach is from the Painted Autumn DSP.
I stamped with old olive and colored the leaves with the old olive Blends. But then I thought it had too much green. So I went back and added the falling leaves and colored them with the pumpkin pie light blends. Except it still did not feel just right. So I added Julie DiMatteo’s patented marker flicking technique to get the little flecks of color to break up the stark white. That seemed to tie in with the DSP a little better. Finally I decided it was finished! Yay!!
I cannot believe that I did not add any kind of accessory. That is a first for me!!
Thank you for visiting today! I very much appreciate your taking time to check my blog and especially for the nice comments.
Remember that the DSP special expires at the end of October, so only a few days left. Also the supplies I used are listed at the bottom of the page. By clicking on any item you will be taken directly to my online store.
There are three wonderful Stampin’ Up! Specials in October………
- Designer Series Paper Sale October 1-31, Buy 3 Get 1 FREE! See details HERE.
- Paper Pumpkin Kits for October and November will coordinate!! They will be great individually, but will work together in a special release. You must be signed up by November 10th for the November PP. It is ok that you missed the October PP. The November will still work on its own.
- Merry Patterns Stamp Set is an exclusive Host set available during October. With a 300.00 order it is FREE and does not deduct from your other Host Rewards. See the Flyer HERE.