Today’s card is a little bit different fold. I do not know if it has a more popular name, but I call it the Book Fold. It is very simple and gives just a little different look.
I love the flexibility of the Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper! At first I only thought of it as Fall and Christmas. Now I have a whole new stack of ideas to use it on all types of cards.
This card pairs the beautiful plaid with the Press On stamp set. This set is a bit overlooked I think. The stamps and sentiments are so cute and it could pair with the Christmas coffee stamps and still be for any occasion on it’s own.
It is not like me, but I went for a very clean look on this card. The coffee cup image just has the Real Red heart for adornment. The “steam” is to bring in the sentiment. The ribbon is the Real Red Braided Linen Trim and fits perfectly on the Book Fold.
Here is a look at the inside to give you a better idea of the Book Fold.
The inside stamps are all from the Press On set. I added some steam to the heart just as a little bit extra.
I did not get as good of an angle as I thought. If you look at the top left corner, you can see the flat section there. That is where the ribbon is. So instead of the inside opening of your card being the full size, it is 4 1/4 wide X 4 high. It is still a side opening card, just that 1″ in from the fold is adhered tot he back of the card so that only part of the front flap opens. I have all of the measurements and instructions listed just below. Hopefully that will help explain the adhering that little section to the back.
Measurements and directions:
- Base of Night of Navy is 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 5 1/2 and 6 1/2
- DSP is cut 3/4 X 4 and 4 1/4 X 4
- Real Red is cut 3 X 3 1/8
- Whisper White stamped front layer is 2 7/8 X 3
- Inside Whisper White layer is 4 X 4 1/4
- Fold and burnish on both score lines.
- Adhere the DSP to the front of the card in both places. Use the second score line for spacing between the two pieces
- Wrap the ribbon around the narrow DSP section and into the center between the front and back of card.
- Use strong adhesive to secure together the narrow section to the back of the card.
- Continue on as with any card.
Thank you for visiting today. I hope you have a good weekend and will return on Monday to see more card ideas.
My November Host Code is: 7C63XEUQ Please use this code for orders under $150.00. I will have a small perk for those with orders over $50.00