I have a candy bar holder to share with you. This can easily be adapted to any size candy bar. I found these large Hershey candy bars on clearance at my local grocery store.
You can see this is a fairly large candy bar. I started with an idea from a pull out type holder I had received at a swap last year. The bottom on that one was closed just by pressing together with Tear & Tape. This is a hefty bar of chocolate, and I didn’t believe that would be sturdy enough. So I went with a more regular box closure. I did keep the pull out idea though.
Here is a picture of the pulled out candy bar.
The Witty-cisms stamp set, new in the Mini Catalog 2020, was a must have for me. I love the cute stamps and sentiments. The strawberry and sentiment are one stamp and I stamped it three times to get the extra strawberries for decoration.
I die cut the tags using the Bonaza Die set tag. I cut one from Thick Whisper White and one from Cherry Cobbler. You could also use one of the tag punches from SU if you prefer.
The background paper was a leftover piece of Come To Gather DSP. The ribbon is on the retiring list as well.
The measurements are as follows:
- 7 1/2 X 8 card stock
- On 7 1/2 side, score at 1/2″, then rotate paper counter-clockwise
- On the 8 side, with 1/2 score at the bottom, score at 3, 3 1/2, 6 1/2, 7
- Fold and burnish on all the score lines
- The 1/2″ score line is the bottom. Cut off the small right edge piece next to the 7″ score line
- Cut up the scores up to the 1/2 ” mark. taper the small ones as tabs
- Place Tear & Tape along the inside of the larger outside section as well as the bottom adjacent to it
- Place Tear & Tape on the back of each tab.
- Lay the paper down and fold the small section over, remeove the T&T from the large section and when folded over it should line up perfectly.
- remove the T&T from the tabs and the bottom section. Square up the box, fold in the tabs, the flap without T&T and then the one with tape. once aligned stand it up on the table and use a ruler to go down and press on that bottom flap.
- Use a hand held punch to center a hole through both layers near the top.
It took 17 ” of ribbon for this. So it is a good way to use up some retired ribbon. Run the ribbon from one side, through the other side and even it out. Place the candy bar into the top of the box and push down while trying to keep the ribbon even on each side. You should have enough ribbon left to tie a nice bow at the top.
Thank you for looking in today. I hope this gives you ideas for dressing up a candy bar. If you have any questions, please contact me and I will be happy to assist you.
My January Host Code is X3U7BR2N. Please use this code for orders under $150.00. I will have a small perk for those with orders over $50.00.
The list below is the CARRYOVER List. Items from the Holiday Catalog that will carry over to the 2020 Holiday Catalog. They will not be orderable between the two catalogs however.
The new Stampin’ Up! Paper Trimmer is here!!