Happy New Catalog Day!! Today is the launch of the Holiday Catalog. WooHoo!! I love the suites and products. Please let me know if you have any questions. Also, the Designer Series Paper Special begins today. I have a picture under Updates at the bottom which lists the papers on sale.
Now on to today’s project. I am sharing one of the new Designer Series Papers from the Holiday Catalog on this card.
I adore this DSP!! It is photos on one side and silver designs on the opposite side. I used my current favorite color of Seaside Spray for the base as well as the New Metallic Ribbon in Seaside Spray. The ribbon is in the Holiday Catalog as well.
The card is an idea I got from seeing a money envelope at the Dollar Tree. I did not measure it, I should have!! But I just played with it until I liked the angles. I am working on my first video and it is this angle. I will go ahead and try to explain so you can recreate it.
- The base is 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 3 3/4 and 7 3/4. Fold and burnish on the score lines.
- The shorter of the ends will be the top. Fold the bottom up and leave the top out flat.
- Place the score line of the top on the 1″ mark of your cutter, and place the opposite point in the cutting groove. (You have to slide it away from the top bar to have room for the folded card to lay.
- When you cut this, you create the angle. Even though it was from the 1″, the distance down on the short side is actually 1 1/8″. I have no idea why that is, but it works out.
- Cut DSP to 3 5/8 X 4 1/8 for bottom and 3 X 4 1/8 for top angle.
- With the top DSP, place it with the top against the top bar of the cutter, turn it counterclockwise and place it at the 1″ mark. Make a tick mark just beyond the cutting track on the edge of the paper. (This way you cut you are cutting just to the left of the tick mark and it will be cut away.) Now place the tick mark in the cutting track and also the opposite corner. Make your cut. This will fit perfectly on the angle flap.
I hope these directions are clear enough. I will try to have the video very soon. I think this is a super cute card and can be adjusted to different sizes once you have the basics.
Thanks for checking in today and I hope you are enjoying the new catalog. Please come back tomorrow.
My September Host Code is VYHZ6ZM2. Please use this code for orders under $150.00. I will have a small perk for those with orders over $50.00.