Welcome to the Pals’ April Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because we love to put our ”Families First”! Our Design Team created beautiful projects to inspire you. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My project for today’s Blog Hop is a Mother’s Day card. My Mom passed away way many years ago and I miss her every day. She was one of the strongest women I have ever known and the best Mom ever. Making this card and especially this sentiment was a great reminder of her and many of the really strong women I know.
I was pleasantly surprised at how soft this card looks competed. And that is using a base of Rich Razzleberry. Apparently soft does not have to be a light or subtle color. This is a card that evolved as I went.
My first thought was the center vellum with the pink and razzleberry flowers. That became the color choices. Then I decided to try the pink lace vellum as the main layer. I played around with it and it really needed the white underneath it to make it really show off. I decided to place white underneath the center vellum and it made that one pop as well. Wow! Who knew?
To give some dimension to the sentiment area, I added a couple of punches using the Leaf Punch. It is also done using DSP from the Floral Romance Designer Series Paper. This is a really fabulous pack of paper.
Thank you so much for hopping along with us today! The complete line up is below. Please continue on the Blog Hop. Also, we love to read your comments on our projects, so please take a minute to say something! Finally, all of the supplies I used today are listed at the bottom of the post.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
Check out the new Storage by Stampin’ Up!
And here is a video showing the versatility!!
Beautiful card! Love the layout, colors, DSP and sentiment. So pretty. Have fun at On Stage!
Thank you so much! I wish you were going.
You really showcased how gorgeous the paper is! Love it!
Such a beautiful card, Jackie, and a LOVELY tribute to your Mom. ♥
This is a beautiful Mother’s Day card! Hugs for our moms in Heaven!
Thank you! And yes, for sure on the hugs.
Very cute card!
Jackie, your card is so lovely! Even though several of us used the designer paper on this blog hop, each was lovely and unique! Well done, Pal!
LOL! I noticed that as well, but they were all very different cards. Great minds and all that!!
What a pretty card! Love your choice of papers and the sentiment is beautiful. Great card!
This card certainly is very soft and pretty. And a fitting tribute to a special Mom.