I created this card for a friend who recently lost a loved one. As hard as these type cards are to make, I thought this sketch is perfect for a Mother/Daughter, or two friends, for a variety of occasions. It just so happens that it fit perfectly with the Global Design Project 174 sketch challenge. That never happens for me!
Here is the sketch that my card just happened to fit. We are given a bit of leniency on it matching the sketch exactly.
The technique I used is a fairly old one that is super fun. I took the negative from a die cut oval and taped it to my card with removable tape. You can also use sticky notes to hold it in place. Then all you do is sponge inside of the cut out. I added a little bit more in some places. If you want a very smooth layer, try using the sponge brayer with repeated passes. I just used one of the stampin’ sponges that is cut into pieces. I hope you will try this technique. Any die cut or punched shape is free game for this technique.
Thank you for visiting today! Please come back tomorrow for another InKing Royalty Blog Hop. There will be a lot of great projects for you to hop through.
For the Ultimate Shopping Experience is to purchase the Starter Kit. Please read through the next items and think about it. If you love paper crafting as much as I do, I believe you will want to talk with me. I hope you will consider it.
- There are 2 Starter Kit choices:
- You create your own kit. You get to choose ANY Stampin’ Up! products (includes bundles) However, SAB and Host stamps are excluded from the Starter Kit (but not your next order)!
- You will receive a 20% discount on all future purchases through July 31, 2019. But there is no obligation to ever order anything else.
- It’s a great way to Get Your Feet Wet, so to speak. Just see if you like being a demonstrator.
- Hobby Demonstrators are welcome. I was one for about ten years, and really still am!
- You will be the first ones to see the new catalog when it debuts in June, plus preorder from it.
- There are NO OBLIGATIONS to continue or ever place another order.
- The First Bonus is that you become part of my Team. I would love to have you and enjoy sharing my love for stamping and paper crafting with you.
- You become a member of my Upline, Brian King, and his InKing Royalty group. There are great ideas and thoughts shared on our Facebook page.
Now for the 2 options and the Bonuses:
- The first option costs $99.00 and you get the usual $125.00 worth of products (of your choice) PLUS an additional $50.00 of product for a total of $175.00 at a cost of only $99.00 to you. And did I mention FREE shipping on that order? That is another 10% off.
- The second option costs $129.00. You get the same amount of products as the first choice, ($125.00 worth of your choice of products, Plus the additional $50.00 of Free Products, FREE Shipping) and the AWESOME new Craft & Carry Tote which is valued at $50.00. Basically you are paying an added $30.00 for the Craft & Carry Tote.
(I had the option to purchase, and of course I did. It is well worth the $50.00 and is a Fabulous deal for $30.00)
Here is the Tote. It is a great size, has dividers that can be moved for whatever products you are carrying each use. There are two outside pockets that are large enough to hold punches, and much more. There is a zipper outside pocket. It has regular straps as well as a shoulder strap. It has the Stampin’ Up! logo. It is made of a great heavy weight canvas. And it is so Pretty!!