Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs – this month’s song is “Dog Days Are Over.” While we still feel the heat from a long, hot summer, August is a perfect time of year to start planning our Fall-themed cards. The projects in our hop will showcase Autumn, back-to-school and warm colors – you might even see a dog or two! We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I racked my brain for an End of Summer type card and kept coming up blank. Then I went out to fill the bird feeders and thought of the Blue Sunflower card I did previously. The light bulb came on!!! So I did an updated version of that. You can see the original card HERE. For the updated version I thought of a big sigh of relief . School has started back, all the before school and last minute chores are taken care of, and you can just take a breath and relax. That is relax for the few minutes before the holiday season begins!
I played around with different items across the front of this Double Z Fold Card. I kept coming back to the sentiment from Colorful Season “Just Breathe”. I love that and it totally described what my idea of the Hop Theme is. Since it was too large to stamp on the strip running across the front, I fussy cut around the sentiment. I was pleasantly surprised that I really like how it came out.
Here is a picture of the card opened.
I left the sentiment spot blank. I felt like there were actually two sentiments and that gives me room to write a short note to the recipient. But when you make it, feel free to add another sentiment! As always, the list of supplies I used are at the bottom of the post.
- The base is 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 2 3/4, and 5 1/2. Z fold and burnish
- The Mango pieces are 4 X 5 1/4, 2 @ 2 5/8 X 4
- The Wood DSP pieces are 3 7/8 X 5 1/8, 1 @ 2 1/2 X 3 7/8, and a white at 2 1/2 X 3 7/8
- The base strip is 1 X 11, scored at 2 3/4 and 5 1/2. Z folded and burnished
- The strip pieces are: Mango: 7/8 X 5 1/8, 2 @ 7/8 X 2 1/2 . DSP is 3/4 X 5, 2 @ 3/4 X 2 3/8
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie