I have made a card that folds like a matchbook for something different today. It was inspired by the treat holder Julie DiMatteo did a video on last week. You can see her video here. We saw the treat holder at World Card Making Day here in Atlanta. Julie is the Queen of 3-D, so she went with figuring out that project. I immediately thought that a card that closes like a matchbook would be cute. So here is my version.
Can you see where the top flap tucks behind the bottom piece? The small section is stapled low on that fold and then the layers cover the staples.
My color combination came directly from this beautiful Designer Series Paper. I had not purchased this paper until I took advantage of the October special of buy 3 get 1 Free! This is such an awesome deal. (The details are at the bottom of the page.)
I could have used a variety of other color combinations as well. And I fudged a little bit. The package says the peach is actually Tangerine Tango, but I wanted the softer color. I believe it works just as well.
- The base card is Pear Pizzaz cut to 4 1/2 X 11. It is scored at 1 and 6 3/8. The 1″ is folded up and stapled. The second fold is long enough to tuck under the fold at a the bottom of the card.
- The Peekaboo Peach layers are 3 7/8 X 4, and 3 7/8 X 3/4
- The DSP layers are 3 3/4 X 3 7/8 and 3 3/4 X 5/8
Thank you so much for visiting today. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. The supplies I used are listed at the bottom of the page.
There are three wonderful Stampin’ Up! Specials in October………
- Designer Series Paper Sale October 1-31, Buy 3 Get 1 FREE! See details HERE.
- Paper Pumpkin Kits for October and November will coordinate!! They will be great individually, but will work together in a special release. You must be signed up by November 10th for the November PP. It is ok that you missed the October PP. The November will still work on its own.
- Merry Patterns Stamp Set is an exclusive Host set available during October. With a 300.00 order it is FREE and does not deduct from your other Host Rewards. See the Flyer HERE.