The Festive & Fun stamp set is just that. And the kind of critter images that I very much adore. So today I am sharing the Mr. Giraffe. He is oh so festive!!
The Festive & Fun set lives up to both of it’s names. The animals are all festive and are in fun scenes. This one may be my favorite. Being on the short side, I would love to have Mr. Giraffe’s assistance when decorating my tree. He is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then colored using a variety of Stampin’ Blends. All of the blends are listed in the supply list at the bottom of the post.
The tree and other items are a perfect fit for Mr. Giraffe I think. They are simple but a bit on the old fashioned side. I tried to mix all of the colors throughout the entire scene. And I added some Wink of Stella to the white of the santa hat, as well as the star for the tree.
The two wonderful Dies used on the focal layer are from the Scalloped Contours Dies. I truly hope these guys do not retire for a really long time. I love the different sizes and different scallops. The open scalloped layer is the largest of the dies. And the White layer is the next size down. That little bit of stitching is a perfect touch. For my final touch, I colored a trio of the Iridescent Pearls with Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blends and placed to the side.
To carry the theme of my scene colors, I went with Lemon Lime Twist for the card base. That is not a normal Christmas color, but I wanted bright. And if you have looked closely you will see there are several layers to this card. Here is the open view.
There is a fun paper on the inside, but also the surprise of a gift card slot. The FaLaLa paper is from the Merry Bold & Bright Designer Series Paper. I wanted more of the Festive idea and this definitely fits that calling.
The gift card idea was a happy accident. I love giving gift cards and love even more making fun holders for them. This card began as a barn door card but evolved. Here are the measurements.
- The card base of Lemon Lime Twist is 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 and score at 4 1/4. Cut off 2 3/4 from the top of the front section. Save the cut away piece.
- Use extra card stock for the front focal pieces. Lemon Lime Twist and Basic White
- The inside layer is a piece of Basic White cut to 4 X 5 1/4 with a piece of the DSP cut to 3 3/4 X 2 7/8 added to the top with equal borders.
- Use the cut away piece from the first step and cut down to 2 1/8 X 4. Use a circle punch or circle die to cut a finger slot. Then use Tear & Tape to adhere it to the inside of the front at the bottom. * This is a little bit of a tight fit, so place your gift card down and then adhere the pocket to help mold the paper.
- Apply the focal layers to the front bottom centered the card.
Thank you for stopping by today!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Online exclusives are here to stay! Click on the photo and be taken directly to them in my online store. If you place an order, please use my Host Code listed just below.
My NOVEMBER Host Code is 626NJVKN. Please use this code for orders under $150.00. I will have a small gift for those with orders over $50.00 in addition to the Perk Rewards Program. You can read all of the information at the top of the page in the Menu Bar under SHOP / Perks.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed today’s project and will come back. I do read and reply to all of the comments individually. They mean a lot to me. Please reach out if you have a question.
Smile and Keep On Stamping,