Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop in 2022! This month, the theme is Sale-A-Bration. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I love Sale-A-Bration! So choosing a project with those products was a piece of cake, except for choosing which awesome product to use! I chose a few of them for today’s card.
I chose the Awesome Otters stamp set for my star of the card. The little guy floating was too cute to resist! And that sentiment is perfect for so many occasions. We are all Awesome! To pair with the floating otter, I saw the speckled Fresh Freesia DSP as looking like water. (You might have to squint real hard!)
That DSP is part of the Sale-A-Bration Friendly Hello Bundle. It is one of the Free with a 100.00 purchase. Beautiful paper with a matching stamp set is a win. And this paper is all Awesome!. Both of the sheets I used are from the pack of paper.
To start at the beginning, the card base is Fresh Freesia chosen from the speckled DSP paper. A layer of Bermuda Bay is behind the otter, and it came from the dotted DSP piece. I stamped, colored, and then free form cut the little otter. For the sentiment I wanted to use a tag . I found this one in the new Sweet Hearts Dies. It is a bit longer than I needed, so I simply cut off the bottom area a little. A bow is always a good thing. This one is made using the tan from the Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack. Of course I had to add some bling. The 2021-2023 In Color Jewels was perfect with the Fresh Freesia one.
I failed to mention that this card is a Fun Fold. You know how much I love to add a bit to a card with a fold. This one is what I like to call the Barn Door fold. It is easy to do and allows for some creativity with your layers.
I cut the piece of DSP to 4 X 5 1/4. Then cut the 5 1/4 to 4 X 2 3/8 and 4 X 2 7/8. This allows it to appear to be a solid piece from the front. By adhering the bottom section to the “door” with the DSP flush with the top of the door and equals distance on the other three sides. Then do the same on the inside of the card. Except have the door closed and place the DSP flush with the top of the door.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on February 9th. Our theme will be Birthday Bash when our team creates birthday projects to celebrate our family and friends.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping ← YOU ARE HERE
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed today’s project and will come back. I do read and reply to all of the comments individually. They mean a lot to me. Please reach out if you have a question.
Smile and Keep On Stamping,