Until a couple of years ago, I was one who always used traditional colors for Christmas. That changed with a ribbon I found that had Red and ,in Stampin’ Up! colors, Granny Apple Green. I was immediately drawn to it, and that ribbon changed my opinion of Christmas Colors.
Based on my new found love of “different” colors, the Whimsey & Wonder Designer Series Paper was right up my alley. Today’s card is there as well.
The stamp should be the star of the show, and it is, but the paper is just so very pretty! This piece from the Whimsey & Wonder Designer Series Paper is amazing! In trying to decide colors, I placed it next to Polished Pink, Soft Succulent, and Misty Moonlight. They all were awesome and each gave a little bit different look. I ended choosing the Polished Pink for the brightness.
Since this card was for my Stamp Club to make, I needed to stretch the DSP. To do that I embossed a piece of Soft Succulent with the Dots Embossing Folder.
The stamp set is the Bright Baubles and is a Bundle. I love the possibilities with this Bundle. My plan is to make tags for my Christmas gifts this year using the different ornaments and inserts. The one I chose for this card is pretty simple. It was stamped using Polished Pink Ink and colored with Polished Pink and Soft Succulent Stampin’ Blends. The finishing touches are a Polished Pink Jewel from the 2021-2023 In Color Jewels, and a glittery ribbon.
- The Polished Pink card base is 4 1/4 X 11 scored and folded at 5 1/2
- The DSP is cut to 5 1/4 X 2 3/8
- The Soft Succulent is cut to 5 1/4 X 1 5/8 (The piece is actually 5 1/4 X 3 1/4 and embossed with the Dots Embossing Folder and then it is cut at 1 5/8. So you get two pieces from one use of the folder)
- A Basic White piece is cut 5 1/4 X 4 and used to easily layer the DSP and Embossed pieces. They totally cover the White.
- A 3 1/2 X 3 1/2 piece of Basic White was used to stamp the ornament and then die cut.
The 2nd Sale-A-Bration Is Here!!
Join My Team Promotion During Sale-A-Bration!!
My August Host Code is Y4GZ7QNY. Please use this code for orders under $150.00. I will have a small gift for those with orders over $50.00 in addition to the Perk Rewards Program. You can read all of the information at the top of the page in the Menu Bar under SHOP / Perks.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed today’s project and will come back. I do read and reply to all of the comments individually. They mean a lot to me. Please reach out if you have a question.
Smile and Keep On Stamping,