Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Cute Critters” – showcasing their card/project with adorable animals, birds, or insects for any occasion. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
You simply cannot go wrong with Cute Critters. The problem I had was which one to choose. A friend recently adopted a puppy and I saw him for the first time last week. That became my inspiration, and I added a touch of whimsy for good measure.
When I saw the Hot Dog stamp set, I knew it would be perfect. My idea came from the sitting dog and the little envelope. I realized I could stack the dogs to reach a mailbox. This is a great example of how the photopolymer stamps can be very flexible. Because I could see through the stamp, It was easy to have one climbing on the back of the other.
The background paper is from the Artistry Blooms Designer Series paper. The various shades of green matched my “out in the yard” theme. I added the mailbox by simply using a strip of Cinnamon Cider cardstock 1/4″ wide. The mailbox is a square of Basic Black cardstock. I cut off a tiny bit from the end and “hinged” it with a glue dot on the back side. To finish off the yard part, I added a couple of pieces of grass from the Dandy Wishes Die set.
The dogs are stamped and colored with Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blends. I stamped the little envelope prior to die cutting the dog piece using the Stitched Rectangle Dies. I then stamped and colored a second envelope and cut it out. It is raised with a Mini Dimensional so it appears to go above the mailbox lid.
The sentiment is from the Hot Dog stamp set also. I stamped and die cut it using a different Stitched Rectangle Die. I backed the sentiment with Poppy Parade cardstock to help the Resin Hearts pop a little. The finishing touch is a Resin Heart on the mailbox to act as a Flag.
I hope you like my whimsical pups. Thank you very much for stopping by today.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on April 14th when our theme is “Great Family Occasions” when our Design Team creates a project for any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple