Today’s card has new products and a new technique.  The technique is not new, just I have not used it in years.  To be truthful, I have always been a little afraid to try it.  I worry about messing up my stuff.  And that sounds silly even saying it!!

 

Stampin' Up!, Wrapped Bouquet, Art Gallery, Painted Texture, Jackie Beers

 

First, let me say that I made this card for the Global Design Project Challenge.  It is a CASE the designer challenge.  Here is the challenge card.

My new technique is the adding of ink to the inside of the embossing folder.  It has been around for a number of years.  But I have never tried it.  I always worried about messing up my folder.  But today I was brave and gave it a try.  Silly Me!!!  it was a piece of cake to clean up.  So please do not be like me, be brave and just go for it!!

Here is a close up of the texture and how the color only is on the “high” points.

 

I should have said earlier that my color inspiration came from the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper.  Then is decided I wanted more texture behind the focal point.  So off I went to look at embossing folders.  I have not used the Painted Texture Folder previously.  I cannot answer as to why not because I purchased it immediately. Duh!!

Anyway, all of that led me to the colors and the background texture.  I stamped my Petal Pink Ink on the inside top layer of the embossing folder and then ran it through the Cut & Emboss Machine.  I was so excited with the results.  I actually did two, as I tend to make two cards when I design one.  After the second one, I took the folder to the sink and just ran water over the embossing folder.  The ink ran right off and it was clean as could be.  I cannot attest to any other brand of ink, but the Stampin’ Up! Ink ran right off.

My post is a bit disconbobulated today.  I never mentioned the stamp set.  I used the Wrapped Bouquet Bundle as the focal point.  Several years ago there was a single stamp that looked similar to this one and I totally loved it.  In this set, you can stamp the flowers and newsprint as one stamp and die cut or do it as two separate stamps and two separate dies.  I used the two separate ones.  I like the added dimension the folded newspaper gives.

For the banners I took scraps of Basic Gray and Petal Pink cut to different lengths.  I then punched one end of them using the Banner Pick A Punch.  I did the same with the White for the sentiment.  The sentiment is from the Art Gallery stamp set.  I finished everything with a couple of Champagne Rhinestone Jewels.  They matched my color scheme perfectly.

Thank you for stopping in today.  Please come back tomorrow for another new project.

HOST CODE

My February Host Code is: MRYR7XY2   Please use this code for orders under $150.00.  I will have a small perk for those with orders over $50.00

 


SUPPLIES: