Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created “Birthday Bonanza” projects to inspire you to make for all of your family and friends. We hope you enjoy and are inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments because we all love hearing from you! At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I have a birthday card to share with you today that highlights the gorgeous Fine Art Floral Designer Series paper. I have also used other products from that Suite and created a fun fold that is designed to show off each layer. I hope you like it.
The DSP is always a great place to begin color choices. I chose Old Olive, Misty Moonlight, and Petal Pink to compliment the flowers of the DSP. For the top layer flower, I stamped Petal Pink for the base and used Flirty Flamingo for the highlight areas of the 2 Step Stamping.
For the first time, I used the Gilded Leafing and Heat & Stick powder. I applied the Versamark Ink with the “center” stamp of the flower. After adding the Heat & Stick powder, heating it, I applied the leafing. It was not as nerve racking as I had anticipated!!! Normally being a bit messy with embossing powder is not good. But with this application a few flecks of the gold leafing looks like they belong on the petals.
The flower layer is cut using the Stitched Rectangles Dies. I used the 3rd Largest one. It is then layered onto a piece of Misty Moonlight. The Petal Pink is the second part of the Fun Fold. You can see that in the next photo.
The colors of the DSP are so vibrant that I wanted you to see what a punch it has when you begin opening the card. This fold is the same one I have used several times as a gift card holder. I did not do that today. But all you need is to slightly shorten the folded under layer beneath the DSP and adhere it on the sides to make the pocket.
Before adhering the front flower layer, I did a bit of “flicking” of color using Stampin’ Write Markers. I used the same colors as the cardstock. Also, going back to the first picture, I used the 2 smallest of the Stitched Rectangle Dies for the sentiment layer on the front.
To finish the card, I wrapped some of the beautiful, and glittery, Blushing Bride Metallic Ribbon around the Petal Pink layer of the fun fold. I wrapped the ribbon and secured it on the front beneath the sentiment. For the little knot of ribbon, I cut a smaller piece and simply tied a knot around the strip of ribbon. The easiest way to add a ribbon in my opinion.
Here are all of the measurements:
- Base card of Old Olive is 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 2 1/4 and 5 1/2. (to make a gift card, after scoring cut off 1″ from the left end . After burnishing the scores, fold under the short section and secure the layer with Tear & Tape)
- Inside Misty Moonlight layer is 4 1/8 X 5 3/8
- Petal Pink section is 3 1/4 X 9 1/2, folded in half
- White inside of Petal Pink is 3 X 4
- Misty Moonlight beneath Focal Flower is 3 1/8 X 4 1/2
- Misty Moonlight beneath DSP is 2 5/8 X 4 1/8
- DSP is 2 1/2 X 4
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on March 10th when our theme will be “Cute Critters” where the design team will be sharing projects that will feature critters of all sorts to inspire you. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
BLOG HOP LINEUP
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards w/Renae Novak
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping ← YOU ARE HERE
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery