Welcome to InKing Royalty’s January Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects feature hearts, so prepare yourself for lots and lots of love. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
There are so many “heart” stamps to choose from! I had narrowed it down to about three, when I ran across a set still on my desk. I knew this was the perfect one, even though a tad out of the norm when you think about hearts. Or at least the way I was originally thinking.
The center heart is the one that caught my eye and made me decide on this direction! It is from the new to the Mini Catalog Treasures of Life stamp set. Oh My! I am not a parent or grandparent, (except for 4 legged varieties) but I still fell in love with this set. And luckily I have friends who have recently become first time grandparents.
The DSP is the unexpected Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper. I pulled the other colors from that paper. To cut the hearts I used the Be Mine Stitched Dies. The main hearts as well as the ones on the bottom are from the die set.
Here is a view of the inside. I cut around the negative to give a frame to the sentiment. I decided one more heart was needed. This also shows another view of the Fun Fold.
I cased this Fun Fold from fellow demonstrator Susie Wood. If you follow me at all, you know I love fun folds. This one is a keeper.
- Base of Coastal Cabana is 4 1/4 X 9 scored at 5 1/2
- Base layers are Highland Heather cut 4 X 4, and 1 5/8 X 4
- DSP is cut 3 7/8 X 3 7/8 and 1 1/2 X 3 7/8
- White inside layer is 3 1/2 X 4
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping ← YOU ARE HERE
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Joanne Brown at The Inky Dragon
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
My JANUARY Host Code is: AYRTRJCQ Please use this code for orders under $150.00. I will have a small perk for those with orders over $50.00