I saw a card made to look like a barn door for the donkey. I wanted a simpler version though. So I played with it and come up with a Fun Fold that would work for any type card. I used stamps and paper that make it so if you have it already in your mind…..then it might be a barn door!! LOL!!
I just adore this little guy, or gal. The facial expressions that Stampin’ Up! gives to the animal stamps are always so cute. As I said at the top of the post, I was looking for a simple barn door. I went to the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper for a wood piece.
I did not want this card to be very neutral looking or simply masculine. To that end, I chose Poppy Parade as the bright piece for this project. To pull out the gray in the wood, I added a layer of Smoky Slate Card Stock. It is one of my go to colors. It pairs so well with anything else.
Here is a look at the open card. And ignore the unfinished inside. I have not decided on the proper sentiment so have not added the white layer to write and stamp on.
I have the measurements and directions to share with you. I will definitely be making more cards using this fold.
Measurements and instructions:
- Base layer is Poppy Parade cut 4 1/4 X 5 1/2
- Door flap is Poppy Parade cut 2 3/4 X 5 1/2, scored at 1 1/4 on the 5 1/2 side
- Fold on score line and adhere the 1 1/4 section to the left, bottom of the Base
- Smoky Slate is cut to 4 1/8 X 5 1/8 and adhered over the base and the small section of the door
- Cut another Smoky Slate layer at 4 1/8 X 2 5/8 to adhere to the front of the door flap
- DSP is cut to 4 X 5 1/8, then cut it in half at 2 5/8 on the 5 1/8 side. The taller section adheres to the upper part of the card. The shorter section adheres to the door flap.
- The inside lower, behind the door flap, is Whisper White cut to 2 1/2 X 4 (I do not have that in the photo)
- The front donkey layers are:
- Poppy Parade is 2 3/4 X 3 3/4
- Smoky Slate is 2 5/8 X 3 5/8
- White is 2 1/2 X 3 1/2
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you had a fun weekend and were able to get some crafting time in.
Now is a great time to Join My Team. Any time is a good time…..but for this current promotion, during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive a free stack of our Regals, Subtles, Neutrals, Brights, and 2020—2022 In Color Designer Series Paper along with the Starter Kit! There couldn’t be a better time to join the Stampin’ Up! family. As always, the starter kit is $99.00 and you choose product of your choice in the amount of $125.00 + the special promotion (which is the paper listed above). I would love to talk with you about this if you are interested in getting a discount for your hobby or building your own business!
My JANUARY Host Code is: AYRTRJCQ Please use this code for orders under $150.00. I will have a small perk for those with orders over $50.00