Welcome to InKing Royalty’s December Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate New Year’s Day, a special day to start anew and prepare for the coming year. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Before I can tell you about the New Year card I have made, I have to stay in this year for a moment. Today is the birthday of our Team Leader, the Awesome Brian King. So I have a birthday card for Brian to share with him and all of you.
Happy, Happy Birthday, Brian!!!
Since Brian has been working from home most of the year, I doubt he has worn many ties. So I gave him several! I will share the details of this card at a later date. But it is a sneak peek of the Handsomely Suited Bundle.
Now for my New Year’s Card. I could not decide what to do so of course I began looking through the catalogs. I was totally stumped until I came across the sentiment I have used on this card. It is from the upcoming January – June Mini Catalog and the stamp set Dragonfly Garden.
This is Not At All a typical New Year card. But I saw the sentiment and that is my wish for the upcoming year. We need a year of GOOD THINGS!!!!! I hope you will forgive me for breaking the rules a bit. Since I did not really have a stamp I thought screamed Happy New Year, I consider this my New Year’s Resolution, to try to only do good things.
The adorable flowers are from Dragonfly Garden stamp set as well. The DSP is the Dandy Garden Designer Series Paper and is part of the Suite of products. I used two different pieces for my “book fold” card. I love stamping directly onto the DSP, and this piece is light enough in color that you can still see the colors used in the flowers.
Here is a peek of the inside, which shows the “book fold”.
I also added a strip of the DSP on the bottom of the inside. That beautiful ribbon on the front is new to the upcoming catalog also. It is the Blackberry Bliss Striped Ribbon. I placed a few of the Elegant Gems around on the card. One is on the sentiment. They really do glisten a bit, but the light of the photograph sort of blends them in.
I do not have the regular supply list at the bottom because so many of the products are not available to customers until January 5th. But I do have the measurements of the Book Fold for you.
- Card base of Bumblebee card stock is 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 5 1/2 and 6 1/2
- Whisper White card stock is cut 7/8 X 4 1/8 and 4 3/8 X 4 1/8
- DSP is cut to 3/4 X 4 and 4 1/4 X 4
- DSP behind the Postage rectangle punch is 1 5/8 X 2 1/4
- Fold the card stock on the score lines. Add the layers on the 1″ section. Wrap the ribbon around that area if adding ribbon. Then adhere that section only to the back of the card. Decorate the rest as you choose.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Rachel Brumley at Artistic Designs by Rachel
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
My December Host Code is: 4QDB2ZYE Please use this code for orders under $150.00. I will have a small perk for those with orders over $50.00