Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Pile It On” – showcasing their card/project with layers of DSP and/or embellishments for any occasion. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Even though we could choose any occasion, I stayed with Christmas. I have been having such fun using all the great Christmas stamps that I did not even consider another occasion. Plus, with the Sneak Peek of the Quite Curvy Bundle and the matching Curvy Christmas stamp set, I just had to use it for this hop.
When I saw the row of trees in the Curvy Christmas stamp set, I immediately thought they needed rustic. So out came the Rustic Retreat stamp set. This cabin is perfect for so many occasions or if you simply love the mountains. I have all of the Stampin’ Blend colors I used in the Supply List.
With the Curvy Christmas and the Quite Curvy stamp sets, all of the stamps are, you guessed it, curved. But…..they are photopolymer, so they can be manipulated to be straight, or curve in the other direction. I needed it to curve in another direction due to my placements. It worked like a charm. So remember that with the photopolymer stamps!
For the cutting of the front of the base card, I cut the White layer using the swirly curvy die first. I then layed the white on the base card to place the second curvy die I used on the card base. With the white piece in place, I used a piece of washy tape to place that die where I wanted it and to hold it when I removed the white piece. I added back the piece of Shaded Spruce that was cut from the base card. I layed it down to see how much of the inside DSP I wanted to show, and then cut off the bit to make it flush with the bottom of the card.
You can see the inside of the card as well as the underside of the cabin attaching .
Thank you so much for hopping to my project. I love to read your thoughts on my cards, so please leave a comment.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on December 9th when our theme is “Goodbye September Mini Catalog and Hello January Mini Catalog.” Participants showcase their favorites from the retiring holiday catalog or new products from the new mini catalog. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping ← YOU ARE HERE
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies