Welcome to InKing Royalty’s November Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate Christmas, which – believe it or not – is just around the corner. Please prepare yourself for lots of beautiful projects that share the joy of this holiday. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Christmas is my favorite time of year! I love everything about it, but especially spending time with family and friends. Several of my friends display their Christmas cards each year, as do I. With that in mind, I try to make my cards so that they will stand easily on their own. Today’s card is one of those that is a bit different and simple to make.
My card is a “stand” card. I used the Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper, which was a returning favorite in the Mini Catalog. It was a bit hard on my brain, LOL!!!, but I was able to cut the paper so that the bottom section lined up exactly with the top when in the standing position.
I always hate covering up this gorgeous DSP, so I went with minimal decorations. I used the Peace & Joy Bundle for the Peace & Joy! The three different layers are included in the dies. I think it is very unique and a perfect touch as well. The “&” is from the Playful Alphabet Dies. Another great set of dies. I have used those much more than I anticipated! The bottom two layers (Seaside Spray and Whisper White) are glued on top of each other. But for the top words (Misty Moonlight) , I used the Foam Adhesive Sheet to give them the depth. It also makes adhering those fine lines so easy! The Foam is great quality as it does not cause difficulty for the dies in cutting. It is thick enough but very soft.
Here are views of the closed card. It really is not too thick. And the inside view.
Do you recognize the dandelions on the inside? I couldn’t resist adding them from the Dandelion Wishes stamp set. To me, they look like the frosted flowers in the DSP. To give them a bit of shimmer, I added Wink of Stella to them.
- Base of Misty Moonlight cut to 8 1/2 X 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 and 6 3/8
- Seaside Spray cut to 4 1/8 X 5 3/8. This is adhered to the folded layer only to create the flexible stand.
- DSP cut to 4 X 5 1/4
- Seaside Spray cut to 1 5/8 X 5 3/8 for block section
- DSP cut to 1 3/8 X 5 1/4. Adhere to Seaside Spary and raise this section with Stampin’ Dimensionals to create the block section.
- Inside Whisper White is 2 1/4 X 5 3/8
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rachel Brumley at Artistic Designs by Rachel
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping ← YOU ARE HERE!
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Joanne Brown at The Inky Dragon
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
My November Host Code is: 7C63XEUQ Please use this code for orders under $150.00. I will have a small perk for those with orders over $50.00