If you follow my blog, and I hope you do!!, then you know how much I love different folds. I have a couple of new ones to share this week. I had a doctor’s appointment last week and forgot my book. So I spent quite a while looking at Pinterest and seeing different ideas to CASE. I generally case layouts and folds, but as stampers we are always getting ideas from different places and things. Today’s Fun Fold is a Case of fellow Demonstrato Patty Bennett. She actually shared her version of this card last Tuesday.
For my version of the Fun Fold, I used the Beautiful World Bundle, and paired it with the World of Good Designer Series Paper. The left side of the front is a new Sneak Peek DSP it is the Classic Christmas Designer Series Paper. It paired perfectly with the other DSP.
Actually the Classic Christmas DSP is part of a bundle of products that will be available for purchase in November.
Here is another view of the Fun Fold.
I love how this fold allows the continuity of this gorgeous DSP. It would work with any paper, but a pattern, that is cut correctly, really looks great. And it is simple to cut once you see the card. I chose the map and the simple black globe from the Beautiful World for a clean and masculine look. The globe layer is a Crumb Cake layer cut using the Stitched Rectangle Dies.
Here is a totally opened up view.
There is not a lot of room to write your note, but I believe it is adequate. This sentiment seems just perfect for the narrow piece of Whisper White.
Here are the measurements for the card and the cutting.
- Base of card is 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 scored at 1 1/2 and 4 1/4
- Fold and burnish all of the score lines. The short fold, folds backwards onto the front.
- Cut the DSP to the proper orientation. In this case to landscape (sideways) and cut to 6″.
- Then cut the height to 5 1/4.
- Now place back in landscape mode and cut at 2 3/4, and 1 1/8. This leaves the last piece at 2 1/8. All are 5 1/4 high.
- Look at the closed photo. You will see that the front DSP goes from the small folded flap over to the right edge of the card. It does not just fit on that narrow flap.
- Adhere the pieces beginning with the 2 3/4. Open the card and adhere the 1 1/8 on the right side of the center section. Adhere the last piece to the left side of the back section.
- The Whisper White layer with the sentiment is 1 7/8 X 5 1/4.
- I added the front left DSP because my focal layer was the same as the base layer. It is the Classic Christmas DSP and is cut 2 1/2 X 5 1/4
Thank you for visiting today. I hope you enjoyed this new fun fold and will do a CASE yourself.
My October Host Code is SXDVJZF3 Please use this code for orders under $150.00. I will have a small perk for those with orders over $50.00