Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team is showcasing “My Happiest Season.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I love Christmas, and always have. I even collect Santa Claus figures of any kind. To choose my favorite season of the year there was no question what my card would be about. It was just down to which stamp set to use.
I went with the Don’t Stop Believin’ Stamp Set from the Mini Catalog. I could not resist this Santa image. I love all of the images in the set, but this one was tops. It is a fairly large stamp and I wanted it to be the focal point. Saying that, I ended up adding several extras. But I think he is still the star. I stamped Santa with Smoky Slate Ink and colored with Stampin’ Blends. The fur and his beard have a touch of Wink Of Stella for some shine.
To cut the “frame” for Santa, I used the new Celebration Labels Dies. I cut the opening from Tis’ The Season Designer Series Paper. I also used the Foam Adhesive Strips to raise the cut out from underneath. This is a great alternative to using quite a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The holly is from one of the Returning Favorites stamp sets. It is from Christmas Gleaming. I was so happy that set was one of the returning ones. I used those holly leaves several times last year. The holly and berries are colored using Stampin’ Blends.
The finishing touches are the ribbon and sentiment. The white ribbon is one of three from the Flowers For Every Season Ribbon Bundle. I paired it with the red from Playful Pets Trim Combo. And finally the sentiment is from the Don’t Stop Believin’ set. I cut it with one of the Layering Ovals. I don’t usually leave a sentiment a single layer like this. But I didn’t want to add any more layers to this one.
Thank you for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment and let me know your favorite Santa!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on September 9th when our theme is “It’s the Sentiment that Counts.” The Design Team will showcase a sentiment as the focal point of their project. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies