Hello, welcome to the Pals Blog Hop! This month our theme is “Goodbye to January-June Mini and 2019-2020 Annual Catalogs and Hello to 2020-2021 Annual Catalog” where the Design Team is showcasing their favorites from the retiring catalogs or products in the new catalog! You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I opted to use Retiring products for my card today. I have one item that is carrying over besides the card stock. I have to say, I chose the Honeybee Bundle. I am very surprised and a little sad that it did not carry over to the next catalog.
I used the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper, which is also retiring, as the backdrop for my beehive. I love the colors and everyone knows that flowers and bees are a perfect pairing.
I stamped the beehive and sentiment as the main focal point of the card. But even with the addition of the little bee, I felt it needed something. So I added the Detailed Trio Punch to both of the upper corners of that layer. I love how the Mossy Meadow layer shows through.
When I added the two pieces of honeycomb, I decided to leave some of the hexagonal pieces in tact. I also felt that it needed “something” besides laying directly on the DSP. I came up with a plain piece of vellum card stock as the backdrop for the entire center layer. I like that.
My bow is a retiring product also. It is the Ruched Ribbon in Daffodil Delight. I intended originally for the bow to be just on the side of the card but in the normal direction. When I placed it there, it just did not work. I went to push it off and it turned slightly. It was an Ah Hah moment. I straightened it up and decided that the bow being sideways was just the right thing. I love when that happens.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for June 10th, with our theme “New 2020-2022 In Colors.” We can’t wait to show you the newest In Colors in the Stampin’ Up! color family. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
Below are links to the two Retiring or Last Chance Lists. Keep in mind, a Bundle may retire, but the stamp set and dies or punch can still carry over. So look for the individual item. Also, all of the Stampin’ Blends are not retiring. It is only that in the new catalog, they will be sold in the combo pack only. The only ones retiring are the 2018-2020 In Color ones.
You may also click on the Shop Now on my Menu bar and be taken to my online store. There you can see all of the Retiring / Last Chance items as well as all other products.
Annual Catalog Retiring List. Click on the pdf to get the full list.
The New Paper Trimmer: