Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. This month we are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Pals Blog Hop with “Critters” from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals. Many of the design team members are offering “Mystery Blog Candy” of their choice to 1 lucky winner. To play along, just leave a comment on as many blog posts as desired. A random winner will be announced on a subsequent blog post by each participating design team member. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I am playing along with the Mystery Blog Candy! So be sure and leave a comment on this post and I will pick a random winner on Friday! WooHoo!!
My “Critter” is a cute little baby chick. I have been surprised by my friends having Grand Babies lately. So I have needed Baby Cards. The Welcome Easter Stamp set is a perfect “Critter” set for all times of the year, and not just Easter. I love versatile stamp sets.
I don’t know if you can tell from the photo, but the chick’s head is raised. I stamped it on the card, but then stamped on a scrap and just cut out the head. It is raised with Stampin’ Dimensionals to give it a bit of depth. It looks really cute in person.
Of course if you follow me very much, you know what my favorite kind of card is. Yes, it is a gift card holder. And this is my “Go To” layout. At least the base of it is. I sometimes just do a flap attached to the left side. Which I could have done with this card and it would look the same from the front. But I decided to add an additional fold. That is why I had to hold it closed for the photo. (I apologize for the bad manicure, I haven’t been since I had surgery!)
Here is a picture of the inside with the added fold and the gift card slot.
Do you recognize the designer series paper i have used? If you guessed the Dinoroar Designer Series Paper then you are correct! I tend to use the opposite sides of the DSP. This was a no brainer as soon as I saw the eggs. We just will not tell anyone that they are dinosaur eggs instead of chicken eggs!!
I will include the measurements and directions after the blog line up. Also the supply list is at the bottom of the post. I hope you will give this sweet stamp set another look. This card is a “One Set” card. I love sets that can stand alone. This is a good one for the beginner stamper up to the advanced stamper!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 8th, for our “Special Occasions” blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects for weddings, graduation, anniversary, baby, Mother’s/Father’s Day or any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty First Hop – January 2010
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts First Hop – May 2011
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian First Hop – June 2012
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards First Hop – September 2012
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations First Hop – August 2013
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair First Hop – April 2014
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’ First Hop – May 2014
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom First Hop – September 2014
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity First Hop – January 2015
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose First Hop – January 2015
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs First Hop – June 2015
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds First Hop – July 2015
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit First Hop – September 2015
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’ First Hop – August 2016
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ First Hop – September 2016
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping First Hop – April 2017
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! First Hop – May 2017
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art First Hop – June 2017
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My! First Hop – February 2018
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink First Hop – June 2018
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen First Hop – October 2019
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink First Hop – November 2019
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping First Hop – January 2020
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life First Hop – March 2020
- 4 1/4 X 10, score at 5 1/2 and 8 1/4, Fold on all the score lines.
- Inside layer base is 5 1/4 X 4
- DSP layer inside is 5 X 3 3/4
- Front left layer base is 2 1/2 X 4
- Front left DSP layer is 2 1/4 X 3 3/4
- Second fold card (with chick) is 8 1/2 X 3 1/8, scored at 4 1/4
- Chick layer is 3 X 4
Tip: When you fold in the gift card slot, you can add a thumb hole if you want but it is not necessary. However, do put a gift card of card stock piece in the slot as you adhere the sides with Tear & Tape. Otherwise it makes it a very snug fit and bends the front a tad bit.
Join Promotion …… The Ultimate Shopping Spree !!
The Ultimate Bundle is the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit. During Sale-A-Bration you get the extra value for your $99.00. If you have a wish list or are ready to place an order and it totals close to 99.00, please read this first.
There is NO OBLIGATIONS to do anything beyond ordering the kit. You pay $99.00 + tax and receive $125.00 of your choice of products + any stamp set from the annual or mini catalog (the most expensive one is the Well Said set with a $45.00 price) + the Mini Paper Cutter, a $26.50 value + the 6X6 DSP sampler pack (48 sheets of DSP) an $11.50 value + a Paper Pumpkin Kit with a value of $22.00 + FREE Shipping which is usually 10% of the order and would add another $23.00 value here. This equals over $230.00 value + business supplies added in at no cost. That is an awesome deal!! And you never have to purchase another thing. But while you are trying it out, and you have until the end of July before your trial period runs out, you are part of my Team! As well as my upline’s team. We have Facebook groups to share our projects and assist each other. I would love to talk with you about this opportunity.
The new Stampin’ Up! Paper Trimmer is here!!