Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because it’s “Time to Sale-A-Brate”! We’re showcasing our favorite new products from 2020 Sale-A-Bration brochure. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Happy New Year stampers! I am starting the new year with a Celebration cake. Who doesn’t love cake? I tried to keep the card fairly simple and something you would all want to use again and again when a cake is needed.
My celebration cake is created with the Happy Birthday To You Sale-A-Bration stamp set. When I first saw this cake, I thought it would be beautiful for showers and weddings. I never seem to have that kind of set on hand. But after playing it with and going for the more simple approach, I believe it can be used as any celebration that requires cake. Who wouldn’t want all of those roses to eat?? 🙂
It does not show well in the photo but the flowers have Wink Of Stella on the petals. I stamped the cake and sentiment in Smoky Slate Ink. I did not want a dark cake. I was planning on a soft look with all the colors.
I used a variety of the Stampin’ Blends to color the cake and flowers. I outlined the cake definition lines and shaded the cake stand. I debated on fussy cutting a flower and layering it on the cake. But my plan all along was a pretty card that would not be too time consuming to make. I look at a lot of the stamps and make my choices based on that. All of the colors are listed in the supply list at the bottom of the page.
The ribbon is a member of the Parisian Blossoms Suite. The suite is one of the “I want it all” suites of products. It is the Petal Pink Metallic Edge Ribbon. I chose to just frame with the ribbon instead of overpowering the cake with a bow.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, February 12th, for our Art From The Heart blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects made from the heart for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun!
Thank you for stopping in while on the hop. I would love to hear from you.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Linda Suarez at Lucky Dog Stamper
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
The list below is the CARRYOVER List. Items from the Holiday Catalog that will carry over to the 2020 Holiday Catalog. They will not be orderable between the two catalogs however.
The new Stampin’ Up! Paper Trimmer is here!!