Happy Monday to you! I have a really simple gift card holder to share today. I saw a sign over the weekend at a craft fair that said it was only something like 14 weekends until Christmas. Oh My!! Of course this gift card holder could be made for any occasion. The one I have made is a birthday one.
It took me a bit but I now really like this Mosaic Mood Designer Series paper. I love the texture of how it feels and looks. And here is the inside of the card.
As you can see, both the outside and the inside are really simple. The hardest part was deciding to put the ribbon just as an outside wrap that slides off. I originally was going to run it underneath the top layer. Then I thought of bow difficulties, etc. So went with it as just a band.
- Card base measures 4 X 9 3/4, scored at 3 1/4 and 6 1/2
- From the top of the 6 1/2 score, cut diagonally to the bottom right edge.
- Fold and burnish all of the score lines. Fold the angle to the inside and secure Only At The Bottom with Tear & Tape.
- The inside layer is 3 X 3 3/4
- The Front base layer is 3 X 3 3/4 and the DSP is 2 7/8 X 3 5/8
- I started with a 15″ piece of Petal Pink Organdy Ribbon. Wrap it somewhat loosely around the card and tie a know. Trim ends.
- Stamp the sentiment ,which is from #Elfie, and punch with the 1″ Circle Punch.
- Punch the background with the 1 1/4″ Scallop Circle Punch.
- Use a handheld hole punch to make a hole at the top of the circle layers and run a piece of Linen Thread through it.
- Wrap the linen thread around the Petal Pink Ribbon underneath one of the ribbon ends. Pull tightly, tie a knot, and trim the knot very close.
Thank you for visiting today! I hope you will give this gift card a try. This is one that would be great to have in a variety of colors just to have on hand.
Even thought I mentioned most products in the directions, I have them listed at the bottom of the page and that will take you to my On Line store. My September Host Code is listed below. Don’t forget that the DSP sale is going on right now! WooHoo.
My September Host Code is VYHZ6ZM2. Please use this code for orders under $150.00. I will have a small perk for those with orders over $50.00.