One of the tools that is retiring soon is the much loved Envelope Punch Board. I must say that I cannot remember the last time I used it for an envelope vs making a box or treat holder. So that said, I will miss this versatile tool. To say goodbye I have made another little box with it.
I do not know who created this version. I had it on my desk for some time. I’m sure my friend and fellow demonstrator Julie DiMatteo has a version. I will have the simple directions listed below.
So here is the cute little box. It just happens to hold a Ghirardelli Chocolate!
This paper is the Garden Impressions 6X6 Designer Series Paper Stack. It is perfect anytime but especially for spring. And depending on the size of the box you are making it may be a perfect size. I used a 4 1/4 X 4 1/4 piece, plus used one of the cutoff pieces for the bellyband.
Here is the inside view:
These are very quick to make. The most time is just deciding on which beautiful paper you want to use! I have the measurements and simple directions below.
I am giving you a sneak peek of a new stamp set as well. It is the Celebrate With Cake. It will be available in the upcoming annual catalog. It is one of the several that Stampin’ Up! has designed for a stamper with the #simplestamping in mind. I LOVE it!!!
- 4 1/4 X 4 1/4 card stock or DSP
- Start at the 1 3/4 mark on the Envelope Punch Board, punch and score
- Slide down to the 2 1/4 mark, punch and score.
- Now just rotate to all sides and punch and score by lining up the score lines
- Fold and burnish on all the score lines
- Cut away the four small corner squares
- Decide which is the top.
- Round the edges of the top and bottom sections using the Envelope Punch Board Corner Rounder feature.
- Lay your piece of chocolate inside and dry fit the sides and bottom sections.
- Add glue or adhesive of choice to the two side pieces where the bottom piece will cover it.
- Cut a 5 1/4 X 3/4 strip for the bellyband
- Dry fit the bellyband by using your fingers to crease it as you fold it around.
- Adhere the two ends together and cover the seam with your decoration
Thank you for stopping in today. I have included all of the products used at the bottom of the post. If you have any questions about products or my directions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
The Clearance Rack has been UPDATED again!!!
Click on the Last Chance icon to go to my Online store. This will give you up to date what is left on the retiring lists. And if you would like to place an order, I have a Host Code just below the icon.
If you place an order with me, please use the April Host Code of 3KNKXJFH. If your order is $75.00 (of product) or more, I will send you a small gift. If it is over $150.00 (of product) I will send you a small gift, but DO NOT use the code. 150.00 is the minimum host rewards so you get the host rewards.