I am sharing a special birthday card I made for a wonderful friend the other day. It was her 60th birthday. I had seen a similar card recently and thought it would be a great time to try it. I will definitely be using this fold again soon.
I will say that after I took this photo I decided it needed a little more of something! You know what I mean?? So I added a little white bow to the left of the 6. That was just enough.
The numbers are retired, and I really hate that! They are the Large Number Dies and are much needed to make so many specific projects.
And here is the opening.
The card is all DSP measuring 5 1/2 X 8 1/2. Fold and burnish at 4 1/4, then cut 1″ off the front right edge. For the closure flap (what the 60 is on), I cut two of the ovals and adhered them together with a 1″ X 2″ strip of DSP in between. The 1″ piece cut from the front section is now added to the inside edge of the card with the flap strip underneath it. This cut off piece serves two purposes, It breaks up the pattern on the inside of the card, and covers the strip section of the flap for a more finished look.
The inside is the opposite side of the DSP from the flowers. In case you are not familiar with this DSP, it is the thickness of the Thick Whisper White and Thick Very Vanilla. It is perfect for showing off both sides of this beautiful paper. The writing area is a 2 1/2 X 4 1/2 piece of Whisper White. It still gives plenty of room to write your message and wish Happy Birthday.
A Heads Up type reminder: The Sale-A-Bration only has another week to go. If there are any items you are still interested in, grab them now. This also applies to the special release items.
Another Heads Up: The 2017-2019 In Colors will be retiring with the new Annual Catalog which arrives in June. Generally some of the colors are out of stock almost as soon as the retiring list comes out. But we KNOW these are going to retire. So if you need re-inkers, or more card stock in the five retiring colors, please order them now! That way you will get them before everyone realizes they are retiring. I for one will be very sad to see Lemon Lime Twist retire! I love that color. Hopefully it will come back in the next color refresh, but you never know.
One more item that is going away the end of the month is the Craft Carry Tote! It is part of the SAB Join Promotion. Please read the options below for the two types of Starter Kits. The Carry Tote is one of the options. I truly love my tote and use it all the time!
Thank you for visiting today! I hope you will return tomorrow for another project. The supplies I used today are listed at the bottom of the page.
The Ultimate Shopping Experience is to purchase the Starter Kit. Please read through the next items and think about it. If you love paper crafting as much as I do, I believe you will want to talk with me. I hope you will consider it.
- There are 2 Starter Kit choices:
- You create your own kit. You get to choose ANY Stampin’ Up! products (includes bundles) However, SAB and Host stamps are excluded from the Starter Kit (but not your next order)!
- You will receive a 20% discount on all future purchases through July 31, 2019. But there is no obligation to ever order anything else.
- It’s a great way to Get Your Feet Wet, so to speak. Just see if you like being a demonstrator.
- Hobby Demonstrators are welcome. I was one for about ten years, and really still am!
- You will be the first ones to see the new catalog when it debuts in June, plus preorder from it.
- There are NO OBLIGATIONS to continue or ever place another order.
- The First Bonus is that you become part of my Team. I would love to have you and enjoy sharing my love for stamping and paper crafting with you.
- You become a member of my Upline, Brian King, and his InKing Royalty group. There are great ideas and thoughts shared on our Facebook page.
Now for the 2 options and the Bonuses:
- The first option costs $99.00 and you get the usual $125.00 worth of products (of your choice) PLUS an additional $50.00 of product for a total of $175.00 at a cost of only $99.00 to you. And did I mention FREE shipping on that order? That is another 10% off.
- The second option costs $129.00. You get the same amount of products as the first choice, ($125.00 worth of your choice of products, Plus the additional $50.00 of Free Products, FREE Shipping) and the AWESOME new Craft & Carry Tote which is valued at $50.00. Basically you are paying an added $30.00 for the Craft & Carry Tote.
(I had the option to purchase, and of course I did. It is well worth the $50.00 and is a Fabulous deal for $30.00)
Here is the Tote. It is a great size, has dividers that can be moved for whatever products you are carrying each use. There are two outside pockets that are large enough to hold punches, and much more. There is a zipper outside pocket. It has regular straps as well as a shoulder strap. It has the Stampin’ Up! logo. It is made of a great heavy weight canvas. And it is so Pretty!!