My title may be a bit misleading. This does not have to be a masculine birthday card. It just is not a “frilly” birthday card. Plus, I tried to be more generic in the colors I chose. I used the Hello Cupcake stamp set from Sale-A-Bration because it seems to lend the more simpler, less frilly, air about it. You can decide for yourself though.
Hopefully you can see the possibilities with this set even though I went with a simpler version. Bright colors would make this a really fun and young card. I will try that next. Since I have been using really bright colors, I thought I would go for the more light and generic colors today.
This is a one stamp set card. Those are great for quick , take on vacation, and beginner stampers who do not have a lot of products. Truthfully, I love to make one set cards. I believe it really shows the value of a set when you can make a card, or more, using only that set.
The only non-simple thing I did on this card, and actually it is a simple thing to do!!!! I stamped the icing on the layer and then on a scrap of paper. I cut out the one on the scrap and raised it with dimensionals to give some depth to hang over the base of the cupcake. The sprinkles are stamped in Mossy Meadow on the Soft SeaFoam, but left uncolored. To tie the base of Crumb Cake to the greens, I wrapped Linen Thread (One of my all time favorite go tops!) around the stamped image layer. The bow is tied separately and attached with a glue dot. ***Another trick I learned long ago, when I discovered how difficult it is to tie a bow on a continuous length of ribbon and have it lay properly!
- Base is 4 1/4 X 11
- Layer is 4 X 5 1/4
- Layer is 2 3/4 X 4 1/8
- White Layer is 2 5/8 X 4
Thank you for visiting today! I hope you will return tomorrow for another fun card. As always, the supply list is at the bottom of the post.
For the Ultimate Shopping Experience is to purchase the Starter Kit. Please read through the next items and think about it. If you love paper crafting as much as I do, I believe you will want to talk with me. I hope you will consider it.
- There are 2 Starter Kit choices:
- You create your own kit. You get to choose ANY Stampin’ Up! products (includes bundles) However, SAB and Host stamps are excluded from the Starter Kit (but not your next order)!
- You will receive a 20% discount on all future purchases through July 31, 2019. But there is no obligation to ever order anything else.
- It’s a great way to Get Your Feet Wet, so to speak. Just see if you like being a demonstrator.
- Hobby Demonstrators are welcome. I was one for about ten years, and really still am!
- You will be the first ones to see the new catalog when it debuts in June, plus preorder from it.
- There are NO OBLIGATIONS to continue or ever place another order.
- The First Bonus is that you become part of my Team. I would love to have you and enjoy sharing my love for stamping and paper crafting with you.
- You become a member of my Upline, Brian King, and his InKing Royalty group. There are great ideas and thoughts shared on our Facebook page.
Now for the 2 options and the Bonuses:
- The first option costs $99.00 and you get the usual $125.00 worth of products (of your choice) PLUS an additional $50.00 of product for a total of $175.00 at a cost of only $99.00 to you. And did I mention FREE shipping on that order? That is another 10% off.
- The second option costs $129.00. You get the same amount of products as the first choice, ($125.00 worth of your choice of products, Plus the additional $50.00 of Free Products, FREE Shipping) and the AWESOME new Craft & Carry Tote which is valued at $50.00. Basically you are paying an added $30.00 for the Craft & Carry Tote.
(I had the option to purchase, and of course I did. It is well worth the $50.00 and is a Fabulous deal for $30.00)
Here is the Tote. It is a great size, has dividers that can be moved for whatever products you are carrying each use. There are two outside pockets that are large enough to hold punches, and much more. There is a zipper outside pocket. It has regular straps as well as a shoulder strap. It has the Stampin’ Up! logo. It is made of a great heavy weight canvas. And it is so Pretty!!