I have another Gift Card Holder to share with you today. They are one of my most favorite things to make. That is partly because I use them quite often. Because of that, I like to do different versions so the recipient doesn’t think I only know how to make one kind. Plus they are just fun to do!!
Isn’t this designer paper precious? It is the Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper. Of course it is part of the Need & Thread suite of products. The stamp set is Needle & Thread and looks like needlepoint in the stamped flowers. I know the photograph doesn’t show it very well. The flowers on the DSP look like fabulous embroidery, and the colors are very vibrant. It seems like you should be able to touch the threads!
The outside of this card with the double fold, looks similar to a gift card and regular card fold that I have done several times. But I normally do not put matching DSP on each of the sides so it looks like a Gate Fold. I CASED this from a gift card holder I found on Pintrest by Michelle Wright, another Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. The inside is different from her version though. It is similar to ones I have done in the past. Especially the holder for the gift card. Here is the inside view.
I like to make sure my gift card is not going to accidentally fall out of the card. The end with the card is my preferred method for placing the gift card. The raised circle on the right DSP piece is what you see on the front and what helps hold the card closed. TIP: When you are placing that circle , only put dimensionals on the one side of the circle to allow room for the flap to fit under it. I have all of the measurements listed below.
Thank you for visiting today! I very much appreciate it and hope you will return tomorrow. All of the supplies are listed at the bottom of the page.
- Card base is 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 2 3/4 , and 5 1/2
- On the 2 3/4 scored end, trim off 3/4″
- Fold and burnish the score lines. The 2 3/4 end folds to the inside.
- Use the 1 1/4 circle punch to punch a half circle as a finger groove
- Apply tear& tape to the very edges on each side of the section. Place the gift card holder, or a business card, inside as you adhere that piece. That insures you have room for your gift card without stressing the paper.
- Cut 3 card stock pieces at 2 1/2 X 4
- Cut 2 DSP pieces at 2 1/4 X 3 3/4
- Cut 1 white card stock at 2 1/4 X 3 3/4 for the message inside
- Front color card stock is 3 X 3
- Front white card stock is 2 3/4 X 2 3/4
Click on Closeout to see all the specials.