Welcome to InKing Royalty’s November Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs – this month’s song is “We are Family.” As you might guess, our Blog Hop today is filled with projects that are inspired by family – we have a wide variety of projects today! We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I have created a gift card holder that is simple and a bit different than my normal ones. For this one, I got the idea from a swap I received in Orlando that held a candy bar. You can be sure that I will be sharing one of those with you in the near future as well!! But today, I have a simple gift card holder that is made for a birthday instead of holiday.
And here is the inside.
The gift card attaches to the backside of the “Treat Yourself” piece with a couple of glue dots. I realize you cannot see the ribbon behind the front layer. I punched through the front and back, at the same time, using the Detailed Trio Punch. The ribbon is then pushed through front to back and the insert pushes the ribbon down into the card.
I loved this when I saw it pull out a candy bar. Who Wouldn’t !!! And I immediately thought of the gift card as an alternative. I am not the mathematical wizard the my friend Julie DiMatteo (The Paper Pixie) is, but I finally got the measurements figured out to hold the card. I was so proud 🙂
I have got all of the measurements listed below for you. I hope you like this idea and will give it a try. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for visiting my blog today! I greatly appreciate it.
- DSP is 5 X 5 1/2
- On the 5″ side, score at 1″
- One the 5 1/2″ side, score at 1 1/4, 3 3/4, 4 3/4,
- Cut off the bottom tabs created by the 1″ score, except for the center one. That is the front of your holder. Add Tear & Tape down the narrow scored piece and fold together. Then add tape and fold up the one flap.
- Punch through both layers of the holder with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Ribbon is 14″
- Insert is 2 1/4″ X 3 3/4″
- Front panel is 3 7/8 X 1 7/8 and 3 3/4 X 1 3/4
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Allison Okamitsu at Nice People Stamp
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps