Welcome to the November, 2018 Blog Hop with Stampin’ Pretty Pals. Holiday cards are done. It’s time to start on gifts and gift wrap. Let the Stampin’ Pretty Pals inspire you with “Anything But A Card” today.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
For my “Gift” idea, I have CASED a fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator from England. Everyone knows her as Pootles. I have made her small Explosion Box. The box I originally saw was sized for a small candle. I wanted something that someone could give to co-workers or as a Host Thank You, etc. So I resized it just a tad to fit a K Cup. Here is my version. There are several photos from different angles.
I just love this idea! Pootles had several different sizes of explosion boxes in her YouTube library if you are interested in making them. I will give you the directions for this one below.
The designer series paper I used on the box is the gorgeous Frosted Floral Designer Series Paper from the Holiday Catalog. It has a pearly sheen to it. The photo doesn’t do it justice. In fact, the sheen is not so great for the photograph.
Thank you for checking on my project today. I hope you like it and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I love hearing from you for any reason.
Get more inspiration using the Blog Hop Line-up below. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, December 12, 2018 for the next Pals Blog Hop. It will be a glitzy affair with All That Sparkles and Shines. Don’t miss the fun.
Here is the full list of blogs for you to hop through:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Sandra Conner at Pretty Provisions
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
NOTE: I went back to locate Pootles’ video to do a link and could not find one with this type opening. I would have sworn it was her video. So I have attached one more picture with the template.
- Base is 9 X 6, with a small piece of 5 X 1 7/8 for the center
- on the 9 side, score @ 2″, 4″, 6″, 8″
- Rotate so the 8″ score is at the top, score @ 2″, 4″. Then score only down to the 2nd score line from the 1″ and 5″.
- On the small piece, with the 5 at the top, score @ 1 7/8″, 2 1/4″, 4 1/8″, 4 1/2″
- Use 1 1/2 Circle Punch to punch the center from the first large section of the small piece
- The DSP pieces are 2 @ 1 3/4 X 1 3/4, and 6 @ 1 3/4 X 3/4
- The CS beneath DSP is 2 @ 1 7/8 X 1 7/8, and 6 @ 1 7/8 X 7/8