I love the cute matchbook type note holders and treat holders. So I had a thought the other day for a gift card holder made along those lines. I remembered a card from a few years ago that the bottom was folded up and stapled to look like a matchbook. After some playing around, this is what I came up with.
The DSP is one of those sleeper pieces that is a reverse side from the Tea Room Specialty Designer Series Paper. I much prefer the brighter colors and this is right up my crazy alley! The perfect stamp for a gift card holder is this “Treat Yourself” from Picture Perfect Birthday. And anyone would love the little blow pipes. A note on the blow pipes: I “stamped off” first with Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight for the background of each pipe.
My answer to the matchbook bottom for the card was instead of stapling the folded up bottom section, I used Tear & Tape to secure it. I then decorated with DSP and added a couple of sequins for some bling. And here is the inside for the gift card.
The bottom of the Whisper White inside piece is folded up to make the pocket for the gift card. There is room beneath the gift card itself for you to write your well wishes and sign the card. This did not totally come out as I had envisioned, but that is not really uncommon either! 🙂
I have all of the measurements listed below, along with some directions or suggestions. I hope you will give this one a try. It really is quite simple.
Thank you once again for stopping by today! I appreciate it and hope you will return.
- The card base is 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 3/4 and 6 1/8
- The Daffodil Delight is 4 X 4 3/8 and 4 X 5/8
- The DSP is 3 7/8 X 4 1/4 and 3 7/8 X 1/2
- The inside White piece is 4 X 5 1/4, scored at 1 on the long side
- On the base card for the folded up area, place Tear & Tape along the fold, leaving the top part loose. This allows the top flap to fold under it.
- On the inside gift card holder, fold on the score line and place Tear & Tape against the outside edge on each side. This leaves just enough room for the gift card. NOTE: Place a gift card or business card inside the flap as you are securing the sides. This ensures there is sufficient room and the gift card will slide in and out fairly easily without stressing the tape.