Welcome to the Pals June, 2018 Blog Hop. This month we’re going to Pick a “B”. Projects for Babies, Birthdays or Brides, that is. Be on the look out for creations using new products from Stampin’ Up!
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
For today’s Hop, I chose to do a Masculine Birthday. I send more Birthday cards than any other and sometimes masculine ones are just really difficult to get the right look I believe. Well, now that is a little easier! There are a couple of stamp sets in this new SU catalog that are great for anyone, but especially for creating masculine cards. The Rooted In Nature set and bundle is one of those. Here is the card I made.
There is quite a lot of background design going on. It seems more in the photo than in person, LOL!!! I was going for a bit of vintage/rustic look. Did you catch my innuendo on the card? The slice of tree with the rings showing which means the age of the tree and then the sentiment “One More Year”. Okay, sometimes I am not as humorous as I think I am 🙂
I did use a great little trick on the sentiment though. The full sentiment is “On one more year” from the Sunshine Sayings , which is a builder type word set. I used masking tape to cover the “ON” while I was inking and then removed it and stamped to get only the wording I wanted.
I will say that this is the first time in ages that I have torn and sponged the edges of the paper. I remember why I like that look and added texture it gives. This was my first time using the Shaded Spruce color from the revamp. I have to say that I love it. It is a deep, but bright, green.
Thank you so much for visiting my page on the Blog Hop. I greatly appreciate it. All of the supplies I used are listed at the bottom of the page.
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see which “B” the rest of my Pals are using. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for July 11, 2018 for our annual Pattern Party featuring projects using favorite Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Papers and coordinating embellishments.. Don’t miss it!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Su Mohr at AromasAndArt
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty