It is hard to believe that the school year is already winding down. YIKES! where does the time go. And we all have or know the children, who are not children anymore!, that are graduating this year. This is a quick and glitzy card I made for a good friend’s daughter. I cannot believe she is old enough to be graduating and going off to college. Anyway, here is my Congrats Grad card:
In trying to come up with a card I was looking over all of my stamp sets. When I noticed the background stamp Writing Notes, I decided it would be perfect. How much note paper do you go through in your 12 years of school? Once I decided on the paper stamp I had to figure a way to glitz it up to suit a teenage girl. I hope you like my Glitzy card!
The card is actually very simple. I mounted the layers at angles just to give it a little more modern look. The rest of the items are listed below.
- The base is Night of Navy card stock 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 folded in half
- The Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper is 5 1/4 X 4
- The Whisper White card stock is cut to 5 X 3 3/4
- The Writing Notes is stamped in Marina Mist
- The “Celebrate You” and “Wahoo” (from Birthday Blast) are stamped in Night of Navy ink.
- The “Congrats” is diet from Silver Foil Sheets using the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits
- The small stars where the 3 ring holes would be in the paper are from Metallic Enamel Shapes
- The raised silver foil stars are from a retired punch trio. (sorry about that)
And there you have it. A fairly quick and easy, but with some glitz, Graduation card. And of course this would work for any reason to Celebrate an Accomplishment! I know I should do that more often!!
The NEW CATALOG begins June 1 !! I am so excited. If you would like to join all of the fun and excitement of becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and the benefits that accompany it, please contact me. I welcome Hobby Demonstrators. I was only interested in the discount for many years. There are no pushes for you to continue if you discover it is not for you. But what a deal you get to begin with: you get $125.00 of product for $99.00 and FREE shipping!! That is a great and Ultimate Bundle with no requirements to continue. So if you are considering, please let me know.
I appreciate you stopping by today. The products I used are all listed below. Also, don’t forget the Retiring List, the Clearance Rack, and the early ordering of the Eastern Palace Suite.
You can click on each of the links below to go directly to those products.
The supplies I used today are here: