Welcome to InKing Royalty’s April Blog Hop! Today’s hop is filled with projects inspired by the Stampin’ Up!’s retiring 2015-2017 In Color Collection – our tributes to Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder. What fun! We’ve really enjoyed playing with these amazing colors over the past two years – and we are excited to share our creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Isn’t it odd how we discover things and then they are discontinued? That’s the way I have been with the two colors I am focusing on today. Tip Top Taupe and Mint Macaron were “OK”, until about six months ago. Then they became some of my GoTo colors. Mint Macaron became a special favorite and I have used it probably too much.
For today’s card everything is retiring with the exception of two items. Check it out…….
I used this card fold a few weeks ago. You can see that card by CLICK HERE. I just love how it shows off your stamped background or DSP. By separating the two pieces it gets an extra punch of attention. You can see that card from my Gallery at the top of the page.
My base layer is Tip Top Taupe with Mint Macaron as the second layer. Moroccan DSP is the focal point along with the cutest little puppy from the Little Cuties set. I colored the puppy’s spots with Watercolor Pencils and spread it with a Blender Pen. The balloon is from Balloon Adventures and is punched with the Balloon Builders punch. The linen threat is held in the puppy’s mouth with just a dab of Fine Tip Glue Pen. I used a glue dot to hold the other end of the string underneath the balloon and to attach the bow to the balloon.
The dimensions for this card are:
- Base card is 4 1/4 X 11, scored at 1 1/4 and 5 1/2 (Fold back or cut off the 1 1/4 piece)
- Second layer is 3 7/8 X 4 1/8 and 1 3/8 X 4 1/8 for the side piece
- Top layer of DSP is 3 3/4 X 4 and 1 1/4 X 4.
- The Puppy was cut with the Layering Circles Framelits.
My supply list is at the bottom of the post. As I said in the beginning, almost everything I used will retire the end of May and some beforehand if they sell out. I would hate for you to miss out on something you are interested in. By clicking on the card or the supplies you will be taken to my on line store.
I hope you enjoyed this card and I would love to hear your comments.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lory Robinson at The Robins Nest Designs.
There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Wendy Cranford at Luvin’ Stampin’
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lory Robinson at The Robins Nest Designs
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie