Welcome to the Families First Pals Blog Hop for April 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are all about our families. This is a great time of year to think about what to make for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or upcoming graduations. And, family vacations are just around the corner… how would you want to remember those special family moments? We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Thank You for stopping by my blog today. This is an AWESOME blog hop and I am thrilled to be a part of it.
My card is Happy Mother’s Day with the Beautiful You stamp set. I fell in love with this set the first time I opened the Occasions Catalog. The free spirit this lady shows reminds me so much of my Mother, and the saying is perfect for her! So of course, I had to make a card representing that. Mine is not your typical Mother’s Day card. By changing or just removing the “Mother’s Day” at the bottom, it would work for many occasions. And here it is:
I just adore the Floral Boutique DSP and will truly miss it when this current annual catalog ends. I began this card with the Thick Whisper White card stock. I layered the DSP and then decided it needed a base so I added a narrow layer of Night of Navy card stock. The lady is stamped on Whisper White card stock and I used a sponge dauber to shade around her with Night of Navy ink. This layer also received a narrow border of Night of Navy. When I first started layering the card I had the lady layer on straight. But then I thought “This is a free spirit lady, she wouldn’t be a normal layer”, HaHa!!! So I layered her at an angle. The sentiment is stamped on Thick Whisper White card stock and punched with the 1 3/4 circle punch. The Happy Mother’s Day banner at the bottom of the card is from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. I hope that set never goes away!! It has everything in it. I punched it out with the Classic Label punch and just cut the left side straight to match up the edge.
I hope you enjoyed my card and will continue on in the Blog Hop! Thank you for stopping by. If you like my card, I would love to hear from you.
My supply list is below the blog hop list. you can choose any item and it will take you directly to my online store.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards